NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Genre Coloring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been using NextPVR for a few months and one feature I cannot get working is Genre Coloring under Misc 2. I have opened it several times and have only managed to get one color code set, despite making multiple changes. I am currently running v3.6.6. I have searched the forums but not hit on anything obvious. Is there a process other than using the Genre Coloring button under Misc 2? I feel like I am missing something. Thanks in advance.
The Genre Color popup in Misc2 is a little quirky, but it does work. As well as clicking the color column and setting the color, you need to also tick the checkbox on the left of the genre name
Thanks for your quick response. I have tried a few times but will continue to poke at it. Great program...I am almost completely off Windows Media Center. I like it so much, I even contributed and that says alor from a cheap SOB like me.

Is there an xml file I can edit directly for Genre Colors?

Thanks
gambo1953 Wrote:Is there an xml file I can edit directly for Genre Colors?

The colours are stored in the database in npvr.db3 in the epg_genre table ... it's a sqlite database.
I just double checked it's still working. You've got to tick that check box though, or the genre color isn't saved.
sub Wrote:I just double checked it's still working. You've got to tick that check box though, or the genre color isn't saved.

I hadn't noticed before that the ick in the checkbox went away when I selected the colors. So I did as you said and made sure they were all ticked when I was through selecting. Still only get color for Movies and none of the other genres I selected. Is there something I can do with NextPVR (like nextpvr.exe -emptygenre) or do I have to deal with xmltv?
GWCowling323 Wrote:I hadn't noticed before that the ick in the checkbox went away when I selected the colors. So I did as you said and made sure they were all ticked when I was through selecting. Still only get color for Movies and none of the other genres I selected. Is there something I can do with NextPVR (like nextpvr.exe -emptygenre) or do I have to deal with xmltv?

If you changed your EPG source the genre names may have changed so emptying might help. Works fine here although a sort would be nice.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:If you changed your EPG source the genre names may have changed so emptying might help. Works fine here although a sort would be nice.

Martin

Tried emptying genre color twice. Once from command line and once in a batch file. Still didn't work. Oh well, I guess I'll just live with it. With a Movies and Documentaries Channel Group, it might not be too difficult.
Had to reinstall Windows 10 on 2nd computer. Now NextPVR works the same on both of them, i.e., Genre Coloring doesn't work on either one of them. Made my selections, set the colors, made sure the check boxes were ticked. Selected OK. Went to Guide - No colors. What can I do?
If you want to supply your npvr.db3, I can check you've got genre colors set, and they match genre actually being used by your guide, and will check if they're showing up in the TV Guide, or if not why not.
Pages: 1 2 3