NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unable to communicate with server "ServerName"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had this issue since 3.5.7 and still have the error in 3.6.6. I posted initially as part of the thread http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...ServerName but it looks like that post got hijacked! :eek:So I'm creating a new post for this issue.Rolleyes

As I mentioned I've had the error since 3.5.7. That config was Windows 7 server on a gig link to the client. All my clients and I have three give the same error. I have since upgraded the server to Windows 10 and the issue persists. It only a nuisance bug but it should get looked at Smile

I've uploaded client side logs

Thanks for a wonderful product in NPVR. Best support I've seen hands down on any product, commercial or otherwise in my 30 plus years as a PC enthusiast!
Does this happen on the server itself, or only when you use a client PC?
Only when I use a client, server is flawless is all respects
Can you see if this patch helps?
sub Wrote:Can you see if this patch helps?

Assuming you wanted it on the client side, still has the problem
When exactly do you see this message? Immediately after starting the app?
Immediately, it goes away after about 5 seconds then everything works normally
Chris, have you tried using the server's IP-address instead of its name? It could be a case of slow name resolving.
Reddwarf Wrote:Chris, have you tried using the server's IP-address instead of its name? It could be a case of slow name resolving.

That fixed it, odd though that it started with a 3.5.7. Sub maybe something changed in timeout routines on checking the database share???
It could also have been a windows-update that caused it.