NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Playing Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a library of older videos and when I select one, it plays for about 30 seconds then goes black. Sound continues to work fine. No issues on TV Shows, but most of the movies are MP4, MKV files

Using Main Concept (HCW) Mpeg-2 Video Decoder.

All of the files work fine under VLC, just curious which player is NextPVR using and if I have some bad options set.
NextPVR only plays an active role in the playback of .ts files. When it comes to .mp4, .mkv etc, it just leaves it up to Windows to decide what decoders etc to use to play them.

It's probably an easy fix though. I'm sure installing the LAV splitter will get it working for you:
https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters...taller.exe
Thanks for the links to the filters. Turns out the only videos failing are the ones I converted long time ago from DVD using DVD Decrypter and Handbrake. All of the new ones including H.264 stuff is working fine. What happens is the Video starts, sound is normal, the Studio LOGO shows, then the screen goes black. Attached is a file where one MKV worked, and the second one failed. Interesting issue, all of them work in Windows media player and VLC.

Thanks for the help.
I'm guessing you'll see the same problem in Windows Media Player.

When it comes to .mkv files, NextPVR doesn't really have any control over the playback. It'll just come down to the directshow decoders etc you've got installed. Any tweaks to fix this would be outside of NextPVR, so there isn't really too much advice I can give you.
The files in question do work with Windows Media Player, VLC, and something called movies and TV in Windows 10. Also found if you skip forward when the file starts they work fine. Something must have been screwed up when I originally converted the .ts files.
If anyone has this problem, I found an option in HandBrake Constant FrameRate which if unchecked will create this issue. For some reason it defaults to variable frame rates which failed in this player.

Thanks for the help!