NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR Keeps Loosing Tuning Abilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using NextPVR as a PVR service for Kodi. I am having an issue that I have yet to be able to figure out. When watching live TV via Kodi or NextPVR, the tuner will become unavailable after some time. In addition, the recording service will hang and the webserver cannot be accessed. It also occurs when NextPVR is recording shows in the background. The result is partially recorded shows. When this occurs, I can still watch TV via the HDHomerun View application. I can also access the TV tuners on the network. It appears to be an issue isolated to NextPVR. The only way to restore full functionality is to reboot the computer. After this, I can watch TV, record shows, and access the webserver without issue. I have also noticed that when this occurs, the NextPVR program and the taskbar icon will both randomly hang and crash. I have attached the logs that should be required. Here are the specs of the system that are relevant:

NextPVR version: 3.6.6
Kodi version: 16
TV tuners:
HDHomerun Prime (latest firmware)
HDHomerun Extend (latest firmware)

Thanks in advance for any help!
It looks like for some reason your recording service never started up properly because something was already using the port. Possibly a hung early run of the recording service, but unfortunately your logs don't go back as far as the original problem happening, so we can't really tell.

Next time it happen, zip up those logs when you first notice it, and post them again. You could also check how many instances of nrecord.exe are listed on the task manager process tab.

Your logs are filled with these:
Quote:2016-01-09 01:44:41.278 [ERROR][11] Service Locator thread caught an exception: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
2016-01-09 01:44:41.278 [ERROR][11] at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at NRecord.RecordingService.LocatorThread()