NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channel setting error and Win10 help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I installed NextPVR yesterday and am trying to get it to work. The first issue I have is that it is not picking up all channels. I live in the UK and use the Meridian/Midhurst transmitter. tracking it down the United Kingdom - Meridian - Midhurst.ini file contains:
Code:
[TERTYPE]
1=United Kingdom
2=Meridian - Midhurst

[DVB]
0=6
1=1,706000,0,0,8
2=2,746000,0,0,8
3=3,770000,0,0,8
4=4,778000,0,0,8
5=5,794000,0,0,8
6=6,802000,0,0,8
but the Midhurst transmitter uses 706, 738, 746, 754, 770 and 778MHZ. Is it OK just to edit the file switching things around a bit?

Also I need an MPEG2 decoder. What is the best thing to do in Win10? It does not find the one in TotalMedia (the rubbish program which came with the August DVB-T210 dongle). Where can I source one from, and preferably free?

TIA,

Nick
NickH Wrote:Is it OK just to edit the file switching things around a bit?

Please do edit the .ini file. When you have it working, please post the updated .ini here and it will get included in the next release. Plus, a scan of "all frequencies" should work ... though it takes a few minutes longer.

Many folk use SAF to install decoders ... http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post414049

SAF will install decoders (and some uitlity programs) and will configure NextPVR to work with decoders that it installs. Send a forum private message to Hoborg and ask for the "unlocked" version that includes the "best" decoders.

If impatient, you can try LAV ... http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191 ... (which will also be installed by SAF) though the LAV video decoder has been known to be troublesome (hence the reason to get the "best" decoders).
Updated ini file attached which scans all Midhurst frequencies OK. I've no idea what the 0=6 and 1=1 entries mean, so it is a hack which may be right but someone who knows better than me should cast their eyes over it.

I had downloaded SAF but it did not install directly in Windoze 10 - said it needed XP, 7 or 8.x. Downloading again and it seems to be installing now. I'll ping Horborg for the unlock code.
Thanks - updated.
I'm really liking this now, but how do you exit full screen mode (in Win10). Escape does nothing nor does double-clicking and I can't see a context menu option.
Alt-Enter keystrokes will toggle between window and fullscreen mode.