NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR Settings tells me DirectX Runtime not found, using SW rendering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Screenshots and logs attached. This happened when I upgraded to 3.6.6. I didn't run Settings after the upgrade and didn't notice this problem until today. DXDiag says I have DirectX 11 installed.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
You'll need the DirectX 9 Runtime installed.
Did something change between NextPVR 3.5.8 and 3.6.6 that has a new DirectX requirement? I was fine until I upgraded from 3.5.8 to 3.6.6.
Wakalaka Wrote:Did something change between NextPVR 3.5.8 and 3.6.6 that has a new DirectX requirement? I was fine until I upgraded from 3.5.8 to 3.6.6.
No, nothing has changed on the DirectX front.

It's always needed the DirectX 9 runtime to be installed to do hardware acceleration of the UI. You can have this installed at the same time as the DirectX 11 runtime. It targets the DirectX9 runtime so we can support all the way back to WinXP.
sub Wrote:No, nothing has changed on the DirectX front.

It's always needed the DirectX 9 runtime to be installed to do hardware acceleration of the UI. You can have this installed at the same time as the DirectX 11 runtime. It targets the DirectX9 runtime so we can support all the way back to WinXP.
If he also upgraded to Win-10 it will have removed the DX9 runtime.
I haven't changed anything except upgrading from 3.5.8 to 3.6.6 - same OS etc as listed in my signature.
Is the DirectX runtime in the tech support link the one I need to install?
Wakalaka Wrote:I haven't changed anything except upgrading from 3.5.8 to 3.6.6 - same OS etc as listed in my signature.
Sorry, I don't know. There hasn't been any change in that area for a very long time. Could you maybe have uninstalled some other app, that cause the runtime to be uninstalled?

Quote:Is the DirectX runtime in the tech support link the one I need to install?
You should be able to click on the link in the Settings->About screen?
The link in Settings takes me to a Windows 10 page. Have you tried it recently?
The Tech Support link is DirectX 9, and when I run dxsetup.exe I get an error. The log file for this is attached.
It seems to be telling me I already have DirectX 9 installed.
Wakalaka Wrote:The link in Settings takes me to a Windows 10 page. Have you tried it recently?
That's odd. It used to take you to the correct place.

Quote:The Tech Support link is DirectX 9, and when I run dxsetup.exe I get an error. The log file for this is attached.
It seems to be telling me I already have DirectX 9 installed.
I'm not really sure what to suggest then. Are you maybe using generic display drivers, rather than the manufacturer ones for your device? I remember one occurrance of this in the past, which caused the drivers to report it didn't support the texture memory needed by NextPVR, causing this error.
Maybe try this link... Best set a restore point first though...

Alex
Pages: 1 2