NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Command line to automatically remux after recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have NPVR set up as a backend to record OTA content from HD Homerun. I watch later using the Plex app on my Roku 3. I found that the .ts files that NPVR records to must be transcoded by Plex in order for my Roku to play them (not ideal).

I've learned that I can remux these files into an mp4 container and this will eliminate the transcoding. I some tools to do this and experimented a little over the weekend with varying success.

In the end, it seems like calling ffmpeg from my PostProcessing.bat file would be the best way to automatically remux the file after recording is complete.

1) Does anyone have a string that does this already? I would think that this should be fairly common

2) I already have a line in my PostProcessing.bat file that renames the recorded file into S##E## format that Plex needs for indexing. Since the command to remux would change the file name from .ts to .mp4, would this stop working? Put another way - how should I order these two operations so that they both work?

Thanks!
Try nscripthelper, which allows you to rename files into the database.
Here's one user's experience http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...-TS-To-MP4

Martin
Nope, you HAVE to transcode into h264 video codec.... for mpeg2 in a .ts container, the container isn't the problem, its the codec..ROku's don't have a MPEG2 decoder, so no mater what container you put mpeg2 data in, it won't play on Roku...you have to transcode the mpeg2 video into .h264 video and it'll play...
again, just changing container format isn't going to solve problem..

But that's what the real problem is, Roku not supporting mpeg2 in any container means most of the Prime tuners, all ATSC tuners, and all old video[pre-.h264 debut] are all out of luck!!
makes you wonder why they don't give option like Raspberry Pi to purchase separately the license for mpeg2! it's only a couple of dollars, and that way all the people they think don't use it won't have to pay....