NextPVR Forums

Full Version: analogdevices.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sub, what happened to the analog devices file? my m780 used to be in there, and still is, but look at the listing!?!

Code:
    <Device filter="AVerMedia M780 PCIe BDA ATSC Tuner 2">
        <Name>Hauppauge HVR-22xx</Name>
        <Type>HARD_ENCODE</Type>
                <FilterEncoder>Hauppauge WinTV-7164 MPEG2 TS Encoder/Mux</FilterEncoder>
    </Device>
that is not the name of the encoder....never was! and it's named HVR-22XX? looks like a oops edit...Smile
the device filter is NOT a BDA ATSC tuner! why would that be in analog devices?
plus i notice a few other tuners that used to be in there are gone...

the correct entry for that one is:
Code:
    <Device filter="AVerMedia M780 PCIe Audio/Video Capture 1">
        <Name>AVerMedia M780 PCIe</Name>
        <Type>HARD_ENCODE</Type>
                <FilterEncoder>AVerMedia M780 PCIe Encoder 1</FilterEncoder>
    </Device>

and another of my analog tuners that used to be in there is a generic conexant tuner:
Code:
    <Device filter="Conexant 2388x Video Capture">
        <Name>Conexant 2388x</Name>
        <Type>SOFT_ENCODE</Type>
    </Device>
I'm not sure you can put the 2388x one in there as it is the same as an existing haupp. card [BlackBird] but it doesn't have a hardware encoder on board like the haupp. one..

just not sure what happened as i submitted those a long time ago and they have worked before..they *were* in the list...
mine's fouled up the same way, looks like there was a bad edit sometime... it was awhile ago though, I went back to 3.5.8 and 3.4.8 and even 3.2.9 (3.5 years ago) and found the same problem in all of them.

best to just fix your file and upload it for sub.

the filtercheck is on the wiki in the utilities section.
I'm not sure whether these were ever right in my file, but I've fixed the M780 entry for the next release.

I've also added the Conexant 2388x section. It should be ok, but I suspect there'd be no one with this device. (which was a reference device manufactured by another company when hauppauge had a brief component shortage back in about 2006)

Thanks!
cool, looks like the only difference between mine[generic] and the Blackbird is the lack of hardware encoder on mine..
it may have been when you imported entries from the old pvrx2, as i haven't used my analogs since then...[tho may soon have to again for a second pvr]
thankfully the ATI ones are there and work...Smile
btw, these are tested and work, so ok to add if you want..