NextPVR Forums

Full Version: The Tuner you were using were required for a recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

Im new here, both on the forum, and as a nextpvr user, so please forgive me if this is a basic issue

I've got a TBS6991SE dvs-s2 sat receiver. Installed drivers and the nextpvr software. working so far. Scanning for channels (its a Dual tuner card, but only one tuner is activated since i only have one CI card yet for testing)..

Software is finding channels. But when i go to live tv on my computer, it tries to change channels, and a few seconds later i get the message that the tuner were required for a recording (which it is not - since i havent told it to record anything). I assume its a failsafe errorcode or something like that.

I've browsed this forum and found nothing that really helps me. Some mentioning disable epg update during live tv. But that have been disabled all time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - and please let me know, if you need further info of any kind.

Thank you

Claus
Hi Claus,

post your log files : nextPVR.log, Record.log

Pascal
Hi Claus,

I have an idea , you mentionned you have 2 tuners, so I guess you scan only the channels for the first one. As you have noticed you can specify NextPVR
to use the opposite order of the tuners for LiveTV (Use Reverse Priority For Live TV). Check if you did not select this,
in that case it would use the second Tuner without Channels setup.

My 2 cents
Pascal
pascalb Wrote:Hi Claus,

I have an idea , you mentionned you have 2 tuners, so I guess you scan only the channels for the first one. As you have noticed you can specify NextPVR
to use the opposite order of the tuners for LiveTV (Use Reverse Priority For Live TV). Check if you did not select this,

My 2 cents
Pascal

I will post my log files later today, when i get back from work. The tuner is a dual tuner yes, but I've disabled one of the tuners, as i for the moment only have 1 cabel to connect to my sat dish, and only one CI card to use for decrypting channels. So only one tuner availabe for nextpvr.

Claus
pascalb Wrote:Hi Claus,

My 2 cents
Pascal
No it would not. The first thing npvr checks is to see if the chosen tuner has the channel you want to watch/record, and if it is not set up npvr won't use it.
Here is my logfiles as requested.

Claus
Hi Claus,

your problem seems related to the following

NPVR.log :
2016-01-14 20:27:57.079 [DEBUG][1] Client about to request renewal of handle: 170001
2016-01-14 20:27:57.090 [DEBUG][1] Stop@0

NRecord.log :
2016-01-14 20:27:43.011 [DEBUG][51] Asking NDigitalHost to start: LIVE&D:\NextPVR TMP\live-Eurosport HD-9813.ts
2016-01-14 20:27:46.167 [DEBUG][51] Live TV handle: 0x170001
2016-01-14 20:27:57.083 [DEBUG][52] Renew lease failed (0x170001)

But I have no clue why Renew lease failed, maybe Sub will know

Pascal
Is Nrecord.exe, NDigitalHost.exe and NextPVR.exe allowed through the windows firewall? Or do you have any other 3rd party firewall installed?
Clic1109, can you reproduce it again, and post another set of logs?
Reddwarf Wrote:Is Nrecord.exe, NDigitalHost.exe and NextPVR.exe allowed through the windows firewall? Or do you have any other 3rd party firewall installed?

I have not made any rules for those files no - but I've disabled the windows firewall for test purposes, with no changes.
Pages: 1 2