NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No sound during Live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After switching from a Ceton infinitv 4 USB tuner to an HDhomerun PRIME tuner, and having re-worked my hard undrive from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 8.1 (and then to Windows 10), I then re-installed NextPVR, and used it to record several TV programs quite successfully. HOWEVER, when I attempted to watch live TV on it, I got only the video--no sound at all! I've attached the logs in zip format. I'm using the LAV decoders and the EVR audio renderer. What do I need to do to correct this problem? Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!
If you record do you get valid fine recorded or zero bytes long?
Hey GlamRock,

All I see in that set of logs is you trying to watch WKRN for about 15 seconds. Can you watch a recorded show for a few seconds, then try live TV for a few seconds right after, then zip up logs so we can compare the two?
I tried playing a previously recorded program, then playing some live TV. I could NOT get sound from either one! (I was able to get sound by using VLC, howevere, but not with Windows Media Player, which considerably surprised me!)

One other thought: My system is running 64-bit Windows 10. Could that make a difference?
GlamRockCowboy Wrote:I tried playing a previously recorded program, then playing some live TV. I could NOT get sound from either one! (I was able to get sound by using VLC, howevere, but not with Windows Media Player, which considerably surprised me!)

One other thought: My system is running 64-bit Windows 10. Could that make a difference?

I have an older HDHomerun. (the bad one - HDHR3-US) I had the same problem as you for a bit. Video was fine, but no audio. After turning off windows firewall, I found the problem.

Did you try it after disabling Windows firewall? Try that, and if you get sound then make a *CUSTOM* exception for NdigitalHost.exe.
For some reason, Selecting "Allow a Program or Feature through Windows Firewall" and adding NDigitalHost.exe to the Allowed list didn't work.
I had to go to "Advanced Settings", and added input and output rules allowing connections to the program.

Afterwards, all was fixed.
I found NDigitalHost.exe. It is allowed through Windows Firewall. It is allowed through INBOUND connections, but NOT through OUTBOUND connections. Could this be the sticking point? BTW, I'm using the HDHR PRIME model, if that's any help.
GlamRockCowboy Wrote:I tried playing a previously recorded program, then playing some live TV. I could NOT get sound from either one! (I was able to get sound by using VLC, howevere, but not with Windows Media Player, which considerably surprised me!)
Sounds like you need to install some audio decoders to get Windows Media Player sorted (and NextPVR). Try installing the LAV decoders. This should get WMP going. In NextPVR, set all the audio decoders to LAV Audio Decoder, and that should start working in NextPVR too. (don't select the LAV Video Decoders - these don't play nicely)
audio and video arrive mixed in together. If you get one, you're getting both. You can't have one blocked by firewall and the other not.
GlamRockCowboy Wrote:I'm using the LAV decoders and the EVR audio renderer.

I didn't know there was an EVR audio renderer, but try setting audio renderer to default. Is LAV audio decoder selected for AC3 Audio? Are you using HDMI?