NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Windows 10 NextPVR not creating Scheduled Task
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yesterday I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
NextPVR seems to work fine. I can watch live TV and do a recording while the computer is on, etc.

I looked in Task Scheduler and noticed that my recurring task to update NextPVRs EPG wasn't there. I was concerned.

I scheduled a test for noon today to record The Brady Bunch at a time when the computer would be off.

I didn't see anything created in Task Scheduler to wake the computer up so I wasn't hopeful.

I came home and no recording. When I look in NextPVR it says that "Recording service not running at recording time".

I then checked the Windows system log and it didn't wake up at just before noon.

I've attached my logs.

I see that in the logs it says that it Requested wake up as shown below:
Requesting wake up for 'RecordingOID859' at 1/24/2016 11:57 AM

I'm guessing that this means that NextPVR would create a scheduled task to wake up?

Any ideas why NextPVR isn't creating the scheduled tasks?

Thanks!
NextPVR doesn't need or use the task scheduler. It uses the Windows API calls for asking Windows to wake the machine.
sub,
Thanks for the quick reply.
It sounds like I've got a wake issue.
Is there a thread/post/wiki page that I should use to begin troubleshooting?
Thanks!
wayloncovil Wrote:I came home and no recording. When I look in NextPVR it says that "Recording service not running at recording time".
Thanks!

Is NRecord.exe (the NextPVR recording service) running on your computer now??
Jaggy,
Yes. The service is running and appears to be running without issue. When I load NextPVR, I can watch a show and record a show on demand.
I said this in an earlier post:
When I look in NextPVR it says that "Recording service not running at recording time".
What I mean by this is that when I look at the failed recording, the above quote is showing. This quote makes sense because the computer was asleep at that time and failed to wake up - at least that's how I'm reading it.
If NextPVR is using the Windows API to schedule the computer to wake up, is there a place that I can go to see if the request actually got placed and that the computer is indeed scheduled to wake up? If Task Scheduler isn't involved as sub mentioned above, I'm wondering where this can be verified.
Thanks!
I think those log messages are the only place to see the times it's requested Windows be awake.

If it didn't wake the machine, either:
1) you've got a buggy motherboard bios/acpi which isn't honoring Windows wake requests (likely affects all apps).
2) or the recording service wasn't running at the time the machine went to sleep. The wake requests are only active while NextPVR's recording service is running. ie, not running either because it crashed or was manually stopped. You could look in the Windows Event Viewer for info about it crashing.
From an Admin command prompt :- powercfg /waketimers should list the "Wake" times currently set.

Chris
Thank you sub & jcjefferies.
It does appear that all apps are affected. I have a scheduled task at 4 AM that didn't run last night.
I'll check the powercfg when I get home tonight.
This was working fine in Windows 7 so I'll look forward to finding the issue.
If anyone has any other thoughts, I'm all ears.

Thanks!
Hi, Everyone.
I wanted to give you an update on this.
Last night, I did a fresh install of Windows 10.
And my Intel DG965RY motherboard still won't wake up. (I'm including the model number here in case anyone on the Internet is having a similar problem this thread might be helpful.)
When I run powercfg -waketimers, it shows the requests are there, but it still won't wake up.
So, I'm of the opinion that windows 10 changed something in how the ACPI is called and my motherboard isn't compatible.
I have the latest bios and I installed the drivers.
If anyone knows of a way to have Windows 10 use the Windows 7 ACPI code, I'm all ears.
I'll open a ticket with Microsoft about it just in case.
Any other thoughts before I admit defeat on this?
wayloncovil Wrote:Any other thoughts before I admit defeat on this?

A shot in the dark ...you might try various sleep options in the BIOS and in the Windows power settings ... S3 or S4 or S5 ... one might work when others don't.
Pages: 1 2