NextPVR Forums

Full Version: X-NEWA Settings Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Martin,

I was looking at the Settings screens for X-NEWA yesterday, and there are a couple of items where I don't know what they are supposed to do. Can you tell us?

1. "Update XBMC library after play"
2. "Copy cover art"
3. "Permanent cache (Manual Delete)" - I'm guessing this keeps all of the EMULATE-*.jpg files like X-NEWA used to do.
4. "Use X-NEWA LiveTV skin"

Thanks!
- Brett
BrettB Wrote:Martin,

I was looking at the Settings screens for X-NEWA yesterday, and there are a couple of items where I don't know what they are supposed to do. Can you tell us?

Sure a couple or four.

Quote:1. "Update XBMC library after play"

Mainly for Kodi users, scans video and set the local Kodi resume point when you don't need/want the NextPVR backend just for resuming.

Quote:2. "Copy cover art"

Copies cover metadata from NextPVR to Kodi device. Used in x-newa native and also the video player on recordings.

Quote:3. "Permanent cache (Manual Delete)" - I'm guessing this keeps all of the EMULATE-*.jpg files like X-NEWA used to do.

Nope. For cover art above the perm. cache won't be lostt to version upgrades.

Quote:4. "Use X-NEWA LiveTV skin"

The LiveTV skin allows channel changing, recording current show in future release etc. Enabled by default but the skin could cause lower playback resolutions depending on your TV.

Martin
Another settings question. What do the various streaming modes do?
I see Native, Direct, VLC, Timeshift and PVR.

Any guidance of which mode to use. Thanks.
Anyone?
Just leave it at the default settings!

Chris
I've posted this before but as jcjeffries wrote go with the default.

Native - Kodi native playback, uses shares if available.
Direct - use your own custom playback. I have provided an example of HDHR playback
VLC - use NEWA's VLC transcoding mechanism.
Timeshift - use pvr.nextpvr for livetv

Martin
Thanks. I did try searching before i posted my question.