NextPVR Forums

Full Version: easy tools to remove adverts in recordings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Not really NPVR related... but which tools do people use here to edit recordings: trim front/back and remove ads? I don't need much more editing than that, so are there any simple tools for this?

Thanks,

Jörg
V_J Wrote:Hello,

Not really NPVR related... but which tools do people use here to edit recordings: trim front/back and remove ads? I don't need much more editing than that, so are there any simple tools for this?

Thanks,

Jörg
I have found TSDoctor combined with ComSkip a very useful tool Smile
I have been using the paid for version of VideoReDo for a long time. I save the output as a .ts file (so that I can extract subtitles) and then use Handbrake to create a mkv file which is usually a smaller file and playable on various media players.

Paul
I also use paid VideoReDo but before that I used "MPEG_Streamclip" which does a pretty decent job, the big downside is it won't do h264 recordings
Thanks for the suggestions!
I've started testing comskip, to see how well it manages to detect adverts here.
comskip + videoredo here also. I've shrunk with handbrake in the past, but generally just adjust options in videoredo these days if I need to save size (bitrate, 1080p to 720p), but even that's very infrequent.
Here I am again posting to an old post but I wanted let someone out there know what I do to convert the shows I record.
like the others I use Comskip + VideoReDo but there is a alot more free software out there to process front back and adverts, if that is all you need.
I personally on occasion use SubtitleEdit, VirtualDub64, AVSEdit Plus, MKV Chapterizer, CCExtractor, MkvToolnix, HandBrake, FFMpeg and last Audacity to process what I record Virtualdub64 is free and will do the cuts but saves to avi (old)
comskip outputs a avisynth file for your cuts so I edit and use AVSEdit Plus for that MKV Chapterizer just adds chapters to your file, CCExtractor, MKVToolnix, I just use for the command line extraction or conversion to MKV, Handbrake I use for the commandline if I want the container an MP4 for compatibility with my old mediaplayer Audacity just for audio.
the best tool I use is ffmpeg for everything cuts,filters,upscale and others. 
Give it a try
E.