NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Orphaned sources in channels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As others have noted, Cox has decided to go all digital which means I had to disable my USB tuners leaving me only my HDHomeRun Prime cable card tuner. Some of the channels on the USB tuners overlapped the HDHR so I had a couple of channels that showed 5 sources with the rest of the cable card only channels showing 3 sources.

I restarted and emptied the EPG then reloaded but I still see in the "channels" page those channels still show 5 sources. I'm assuming I need to get the old overlapped channels back to 3 sources but I can't figure it out.

I tried searching and the wiki but didn't find anything. Can someone help me out please.

Snag

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Go up to the "Devices" link on the left. From there you can change which tuners are active, which channels are assigned to each tuner, etc.
HarryH3 Wrote:Go up to the "Devices" link on the left. From there you can change which tuners are active, which channels are assigned to each tuner, etc.

The EPG doesn't affect tuner/channel assignments. If you just disabled the USB tuners in NextPVR, then it shouldn't really hurt anything to have their channels still merged with the ones for your HDHR. But, if you want to get rid of them, the easiest way would be do just go and delete the USB tuner devices in NextPVR.
I disabled the tuners, just concerned that it would effect recordings. SHMBO misses her shows and I'm back to sleeping on the couch Smile

Snag
How I did it (although my source didn't go away, but wanted to always record certain channels from cable rather then OTA) was to unmerge the channel affected (5 sources), then delete the channels you no longer want, then merge again. Worked perfect for me.
ReplayHarry Wrote:unmerge the channel affected (5 sources), then delete the channels you no longer want, then merge again

Thanks so much, once I figured out to right click on the channel to unmerge it worked perfectly!

Snag