NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Many recording failures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been getting recording failures regularly for about the last month. They always say "No errors, but no data delivered. This is usually because the device failed to lock a signal." I have a SiliconDust HDHomerun dual network tuner and a Hauppage single tuner card in the pc. The pc has a wired ethernet connection. I am a little suspicious of the HDHomerun but everything looks OK in settings. logs attached.
disable your firewall, that may be preventing your hdhomerun from delivering any data.

check your antenna and connections, your devices (including the hauppauge) rarely report good signal lock

can you watch TV using the HD homerun app?
johnsonx42 Wrote:can you watch TV using the HD homerun app?

From the logs

2016-01-31 20:00:03.562 [EBUG][5] No BDA capture filter for this device

Is the HDHR software even installed on your backend?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Is the HDHR software even installed on your backend?
seems like if it weren't the device wouldn't be present at all, but you're right that seems to say something is missing in the HDHR software. Perhaps re-installing it will sort it out.

well caught.
I went to silicondust site and got the latest software and installed it just in case. I ran the setup and saw that the tuners were not being found. I think this was the case before reinstalling the software but got fooled because it showed the device number. There was another box that should have showed a check mark that I had missed. So I decided to check the tuner router connection. The connection seemed good but the light for that port was not on. So I unplugged it and reconnected and the light came on. I went back to the setup software and now saw that the tuner was found. I rescanned channels in the hdhomerun setup and in npvr device setup. Had no failures for last night's recordings - 7 recordings including 3 at the same time. Thanks for all the help!
Do "No errors, but no data delivered." scheduled recordings get put back in the pending recording cycle for series recordings or do we need to delete that episode and let NextPVR do its thing when deciding what of a series to record at a later date. The reason I ask is I get a good far away channel with excellent signals except when it storms then it goes out and occasionally get "No errors, but no data delivered."
I'm pretty sure that the scheduler disregards recordings with a failed status, and that when you delete a recording with a failed status, the unique_id isn't added to the recently_deleted list. To be on the safe side you can go up to the hidden menu at the top of the screen and select "Forget", which will strip the Unique_ID from the recording and ultimately has the same effect. (that is to say, almost all decisions the scheduler makes about what to record are based on the Unique_ID field of existing recordings, pending recordings, deleted recordings... a recording that doesn't have one effectively doesn't exist in the eyes of the scheduler)