NextPVR Forums

Full Version: channel scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Folks,

I'm brand new to Nextpvr and hardly know where to start. I installed the Nextpvr and it comes up and that's about it. I'm seeing information on these forums about scanning for channels but it doesn't scan. And I'm not seeing any way to tell it to scan. I'm on windows 10 and using a Hauppauge DCR-2650. I'm at ground zero and will appreciate any help I can get.
With a DCR-2650, it's a rebranded SiliconDust HDHomeRun device, and needs the SiliconDust software installed before NextPVR will see it. So, download and run the installer from http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomeru...150826.exe. You don't need to actually run or configure anything in that software - just install it.

After that, right click in NextPVR to get to the Settings->Devices screen. Your device should be show. Double click the device, hit 'scan' and you should be away.
And READ the sticky thread on top of this forum....
OK, finally getting back to this issue. The SiliconDust software did it more or less. Major progress, thanks so much for that info. I'd never have figured that out. Now it's working, somewhat. First time I ran NextPvr it came up OK. 5 minutes later I tried it again and got a black screen. Later tries, - getting video w/no audio, - frozen video, - more black screens - and other problems. Don't even know where to begin. I'll be experimenting with it and searching the forums for the various glitches. I'll try to isolate and re-create individual problems and try to shoot them.
In any case, thanks again for that invaluable info!!! Back to work.
remarkrp Wrote:OK, finally getting back to this issue. The SiliconDust software did it more or less. Major progress, thanks so much for that info. I'd never have figured that out. Now it's working, somewhat. First time I ran NextPvr it came up OK. 5 minutes later I tried it again and got a black screen. Later tries, - getting video w/no audio, - frozen video, - more black screens - and other problems. Don't even know where to begin. I'll be experimenting with it and searching the forums for the various glitches. I'll try to isolate and re-create individual problems and try to shoot them.
In any case, thanks again for that invaluable info!!! Back to work.
Missing audio will probably come down to not having an AC3 decoder. Try installing AC3 Filter and selecting that as the AC3 audio decoder.

Post the logs for a black screen and we'll take a look.
Making progress. Changed "AC3 Audio" decoder to "AC3Filter", all the others to "disabled", that fixed it. Now I have audio in Live TV.

Thanks again.

As for the black screens and freezes when changing channels, I think my cable company may be throwing me a curve. May have something to do with channels marked "DRM" in the Hauppauge channel lineup. The DRM channels play OK in Windows Media Center but not in NextPvr. I will gather more info and search more of these forums and figure it out or get back here.
remarkrp Wrote:As for the black screens and freezes when changing channels, I think my cable company may be throwing me a curve. May have something to do with channels marked "DRM" in the Hauppauge channel lineup. The DRM channels play OK in Windows Media Center but not in NextPvr. I will gather more info and search more of these forums and figure it out or get back here.
Yep, certainly could be. You can only watch record the channels marked copy-freely in NextPVR. The copy-protected channels are only accessible by WMC.
OK, a few of the channels have no flag at all. The rest have a "DRM" flag. I'm able to watch all the non-flagged channels and two of the "DRM" flagged channels. I suspect the DRM flag tells NPVR or whatever to check if "copy freely" or "copy once". Anyway, thanks for all your help, I'm having fun with NPVR and I'm going to continue digging to see if there's any way to bypass the copy protection. After all I'm paying for the cable card and I should be able to get all the channels I'm paying for but thanks to the over-reaching tactics of the industry, I'm hosed. And I'm not yet ready to break down and pay for Media Center when it used to be free.
remarkrp Wrote:And I'm not yet ready to break down and pay for Media Center when it used to be free.

Eh? ... Where paying for Media Centre happening is? I suspect that someone has been telling you porkies.
Quote:Eh? ... Where paying for Media Centre happening is? I suspect that someone has been telling you porkies.

apologies but you lost me there. What are you trying to tell me about Media Centre?
Pages: 1 2