NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Reference thead: ATSC & QAM show up but not Analog!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am also trying to get the ASUS PS3-110 detected by NPVR. After following the instructions in READ BEFORE POSTING concerning Analog Tuners, I found the ASUS PS3-110 in the AnalogDevices.xml file. Seems the only thing missing is a software encoder.

ASUS PS3 is given as:

<Device filter="ASUS PS3-110 BDA Analog Capture">
<Name>ASUS PS3-110 BDA Analog Capture</Name>
<Type>SOFT_ENCODE</Type>
</Device>

Even though ASUS PS3-110 BDA Analog is listed in the xml, it still does not make the NPVR device list.

Shouldn't there be a valid <FilterEncoder> given as illustrated below before it can be listed in the NPVR list?

<Device filter="ASUS PS3-110 BDA Analog Capture">
<Name>ASUS PS3-110 BDA Analog Capture</Name>
<Type>SOFT_ENCODE</Type>
<FilterEncoder>ATI MPEG ENCODER</FilterEncoder>
</Device>

Another TV tuner program I tried had a list of possible MPEG software Encoders given. One source was an encoder embedded in the ATI Parental Control & Encoder program. The ATI Parental Control & Encoder program can be downloaded from
http://ati1.software.informer.com/downlo...o-encoder/. After this program file was downloaded and installed, the TV tuner program was able to identify the installation of the ATI MPEG ENCODER which was on its list of software encoders. The ASUS PS3-110 BDA Analog tuner ran successfully from this TV tuner program after installing the ATI Parental Control & Encoder program.

Is there a list of software encoders for NPVR that would be compatible with the ASUS PS3-110 BDA Analog for referencing in the AnalogDevices.xml file?
NextPVR only looks for analog devices if SoftPVR is installed. It's not installed on your machine, so it doesn't bother looking for analog devices.

Quote:2016-02-25 16:25:44.077 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: MainConcept (HCW) MPEG Multiplexer-Plus
2016-02-25 16:25:44.077 [DEBUG][1] MainConcept mux not present. Disabling analog support