NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Jarvis Confluence Skin Mods with XNEWA Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've updated my Confluence mods for Jarvis. The important ones for this group are the ones that let you expose parts of the XNEWA interface instead of the Kodi stuff for things like Upcoming Recordings, Recurring Recordings, Guide, etc. If you're using my Insegard mods, these are basically the same with one exception. The XNEWA dashboard and NPVR web client links will no longer show up in the TV sub menu on the home screen. They are in the side blade when you enter the actual TV section.

FEATURES
- support for Artist Slideshow (enabled by default)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add..._Slideshow
- support for library.data.provider random and recent movies/tv shows on home screen (enabled by default)
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210063
- support for Revamp theme by uNiversal (enabled by default)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=203291
- update to MediaView3 to show episode count in TV show list
- Clock and weather persistent across most screens (when clock is enabled)
- shorter version of date available when clock is present
- Kodi label moved to lower right corner and is persistent (RSS feeds shifted accordingly)
- option to show/hide Recordings links in TV
- option to show/hide TV episode/season numbers on home screen (hidden by default)
- option to show/hide music disc numbers on home screen/music visualization (hidden by default)
- option to hide image preview in favorites blade and show more favorites on one screen
- if you are running NextPVR and XNEWA, options are available to use portions of XNEWA
instead of the default PVR interfaces under LiveTV

You'll need to download it from my skin repo (same one if you already have it). You can technically download it from Github, but then you're on your own for the dependency downloads.

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.sk...-1.1.0.zip
Thanks I noticed I was getting dependency errors recently and had to disable this.

Are you going to be doing any Estuary mods? If so if and when you have time do you see being able to help me with new X-NEWA skins?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Thanks I noticed I was getting dependency errors recently and had to disable this.

Hmmm. I didn't see that on my end, and I tried both an upgrade and a clean install of the mod. Of course that's a sample size of one success, so that doesn't mean anything. Are you able to tell what dependencies aren't being met?

Quote:Are you going to be doing any Estuary mods? If so if and when you have time do you see being able to help me with new X-NEWA skins?

I'm not sure if I'm going to do a full NPVR integration skin mod for Estuary only because it looks like (for me anyway) the default Kodi interfaces are finally going to be enough. I might though. That said, I was planning to volunteer to do Estuary updates for XNEWA. I'd like to wait a bit for the skin to stabilize (maybe until Alpha or even Beta releases of Krypton), but I'm definitely in.
Here is what I am seeing, I don't enable pvr.nextpvr often but your skin is my default

21:21:07 T:11768 DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[skin.confluence.helix.pkscout.mod]: requires xbmc.gui version 5.3.0 which is not available

Anything you can do for Estuary will be welcomed.

Martin
There is another mod of the skin for Jarvis called skin.confluence.jarvis.pkscout.mod. It looks like for some reason Kodi is trying to install the helix version (which is actually two revs back), and that definitely won't work in Jarvis. The helix, insegard, and jarvis skins are in the same repo, so I wonder if that's causing a problem (again, it didn't for me). You might try uninstalling the helix mod and then installing the Jarvis mod.
pkscout Wrote:There is another mod of the skin for Jarvis called skin.confluence.jarvis.pkscout.mod. It looks like for some reason Kodi is trying to install the helix version (which is actually two revs back), and that definitely won't work in Jarvis. The helix, insegard, and jarvis skins are in the same repo, so I wonder if that's causing a problem (again, it didn't for me). You might try uninstalling the helix mod and then installing the Jarvis mod.

Thanks deleting the helix mod then gave me the choice of three mods from the repo and I have Jarvis now. I probably was only using Helix all along.

Martin
I'm new to Kodi. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. I downloaded the zip file and enabled the add on. I have the NextPvr addon and XNEWA installed. I don't see any change to the skin.
There's at least a few steps you might have missed:

1- if you downloaded and installed the zip from above, then you need to go System -> Addons -> Install from Repository

2- Find my repo (it's named something like pkscout skin mods), click to enter

3- select the Jarvis mods skin and install it

4- once it's installed, you have to go to Settings -> Appearance -> skin settings and look through that to enable to NextPVR integration pieces.
pkscout Wrote:There's at least a few steps you might have missed:

1- if you downloaded and installed the zip from above, then you need to go System -> Addons -> Install from Repository

2- Find my repo (it's named something like pkscout skin mods), click to enter

3- select the Jarvis mods skin and install it

4- once it's installed, you have to go to Settings -> Appearance -> skin settings and look through that to enable to NextPVR integration pieces.

Thank you. That did the trick. One more question. When i play back a TV program (either live or recorded), which engine is used (NextPvr back end with VLC) or Kodi.
I'm asking because i ran into the issue when watching a currently recording program. Kodi doesn't refresh the size of the play back file and so only plays back to the size of the recorded file at the time i start playback.
araghava Wrote:Thank you. That did the trick. One more question. When i play back a TV program (either live or recorded), which engine is used (NextPvr back end with VLC) or Kodi.
I'm asking because i ran into the issue when watching a currently recording program. Kodi doesn't refresh the size of the play back file and so only plays back to the size of the recorded file at the time i start playback.

Kodi can't play http files that grow past the original end-point. x-newa and pkscout's skin for pvr.nextpvr hooked up to x-newa can avoid http by playing the files from a share.

Martin
Pages: 1 2