NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Universe or Network Tuner plugin for PIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mvallevand, with Sub maybe making a API if I get a webcam served from playon UPnp. Will Universe or Network Tuner plugins act as a channel so a PIP of that stream will play?

Thanks
greg in kansas Wrote:mvallevand, with Sub maybe making a API if I get a webcam served from playon UPnp. Will Universe or Network Tuner plugins act as a channel so a PIP of that stream will play?

Thanks

Channel from an EPG not with UPnP Some cameras stream via http so IPTV or Network Recorder might work, the requirement from the mpeg-ts mux for live tv might be a problem. I don't understand the need for PlayOn though, if the camera isn't a UPnP provider, Web Radio's Video mode might be the most direct route for anything that can be transcoded be ffmpeg

Martin
So cam mjpeg to Network Recorder will give a channel? I was thinking playon might trancode to something for nextpvr. At least show the cam as UPnP. I did not think Web Radio's Video could be PIP.
greg in kansas Wrote:So cam mjpeg to Network Recorder will give a channel? I was thinking playon might trancode to something for nextpvr. At least show the cam as UPnP. I did not think Web Radio's Video could be PIP.

No, Network Recorder doesn't transcode mjpeg and PlayOn is a UPnP streamer. I missed the bit about PIP I don't know if sub handles PIP for general video playback.

Martin
Ok, Can you think of anyway to get a web cam stream into nextpvr?

Thanks for your help
greg in kansas Wrote:Ok, Can you think of anyway to get a web cam stream into nextpvr?

Thanks for your help

Yes using VLC but too me just to get it PIP working it seems like a lot of overhead.

Martin
Yes I tried using VLC for a squeeze live tv sound stream, to much hassle would be the same for a webcam. I have a growing arudino wireless openhab system running and it sends a command to a KODI plugin to popup a front door cam on the video playing and want to do the same on nextpvr. If a main screen API happens it might be possible, if I come up with a clean way to get the mjpeg into a channel.
greg in kansas Wrote:Yes I tried using VLC for a squeeze live tv sound stream, to much hassle would be the same for a webcam. I have a growing arudino wireless openhab system running and it sends a command to a KODI plugin to popup a front door cam on the video playing and want to do the same on nextpvr. If a main screen API happens it might be possible, if I come up with a clean way to get the mjpeg into a channel.

If you get it going in Web Radio, when WR video is minimized with the home key it should show on the main screen.

Martin
I will give it a look.

Thanks