NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Long winded problem EPG and Codecs. (i think)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please help,

I have been having a problem with my PC ever since we moved house and I ended up having to move from a Hauppage terrestrial receiver card to a DVB Sattelite card (TBS6289 Dual)

I have tried full re-installs and lots of different settings but now I am slowly losing the argument with the damn thing...

Problem 1- Film4 seems to not work at all. I discovered that when viewing the channel in KODI it would hang after about 2 minutes and then render the software inoperable. After trying to watch the same channel in NPVR, I am greeted with a black screen and no sound and NPVR not responding. After a forced quit, it would hang on start-up. I played with the codecs, and am using the LAV decoders so after a play about and a full restart of the machine. It's all back up and running but still with no film 4.

Problem 2 - I've recreated the above problem a few times and each time I have to do a restart of the machine, I then find that the guide has huge chunks of info missing across all channels and I end up having to do a EPOG Update.

I have attached the logs (i hope) to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Oh, my OS is windows 10.

Thanks for all your hard work team :-)
Did you disable EPG updates during live TV?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Did you disable EPG updates during live TV?

Martin

Hi Martin,

No I left that running as before that, I was finding that on an overnight "Auto Update EPG" would also lose big chunks of the guide.

Annoyingly today, following this post, NPVR Has died completely and although I now have a full guide listing (following a manual instruction to update epg). I get nothing but a black screen regardless of codecs used. I can't keep uninstalling and re-installing to get this working surely? :eek:

I'VE BEEN A NOOB sorry, the previous logs posted where the wrong ones. I have now edited the original post to show the most recent.
Update on the above...

Guide seems o.k again... As for my second problem, Seems I can watch all other channels apart from any on the Channel 4 group, including Film 4... However I can watch them on their respective +1 channels.

If I watch them in KODI, I get the same few seconds of video and audio before it locks up. :-(
If you schedule a recording on Channel 4, does a valid sized file get created on disk? Can you play that recording file in NextPVR, or external player like VLC?
sub Wrote:If you schedule a recording on Channel 4, does a valid sized file get created on disk? Can you play that recording file in NextPVR, or external player like VLC?

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look later and let you know (am at work till 4am so will try when I get home)
Assuming you are using the DVB-S card then Film 4 is on the same Transponder (10714.25MHZ 22000 5/6) as Channel 4, More4+1 and Film4+1 so should behave the same way. Its Mpeg2 video and Mpeg1 audio and plays back perfectly for me on my RPi2. I cannot play the recording via NextPVR as I don't have any NextPVR clients and my server has no decoders or sound card. However you mentioned that you are using the LAV decoders but in general the LAV video decoder is to be avoided as it tends not to work well in NextPVR.

For some reason does a Film4 recording report different signal Locked= Present= Strength= Quality= in the logs compared to Channel4

Chris
Thanks for the replies chaps, annoyingly the bloody thing is now working absolutely fine. Guide is all intact and its happily letting me watch Channel 4 etc... Trouble is, I don't know what's changed.

I'll keep my eye on it and supply logs if it goes mad again.
Fired up tonight, guide half missing again and no ability to watch more than a few seconds of any channel 4 broadcasts.
��
This isn't much fun now, have tried numerous resets and re-installs.
Have you got logs for recording other that Channel4 which works ok? That way we can see if the signal strength and quality are different.

The main content of the logs while recording seems to be "No additional EPG events available".

Chris
Pages: 1 2