NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge 2250. NPVR only finds one atsc tuner on this dual tuner card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set up npvr to work with my Hauppauge hvr-2250 dual tuner card (win 7 64bit, antenna only, npvr 3.6.6). For devices, npvr finds both analog tuners (#1 and #2), both QAM tuners (#1 and #2), but only one atsc tuner (#1). NPVR labels the second atsc tuner (#2) as a QAM tuner (see attached screenshot). Therefore, I can't scan for atsc channels on it, so I can't record two shows at once (error - no tuner available). Both atsc tuners are found on Windows Media Center and can be used to record two shows at the same time. I've searched the forums and can't find any help for this problem. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks, John
Odd, I'm not sure it got fouled up that way, as your logs show it detecting ATSC and QAM for both tuners.

First thing to try is to delete all 3 QAM tuners, exit NextPVR, restart the recording service, then go back into NextPVR and see if it has properly re-detected the tuners. If so, you won't even need to scan, as soon as you click Setup on the second ATSC device, it'll offer to copy the channels over from the first device.

If that doesn't work, then the next thing to try is to first select your active tuner and click "Export Channels". Then delete ALL of the Hauppauge tuner devices, including the one that has channels, the exit, restart recording service, try again. Assuming this works, you can then click your first ATSC tuner and click "Import Channels"; again the second one should offer to copy from the first.

An alternate solution would be to manually change the "device_standard" field in the DIGITAL_RECORDER table in npvr.db3 from "QAM" to "ATSC" for the incorrectly detected device. There are a variety of SQLite tools to do this, I use SQLiteSpy myself. It shall be up to you to figure out which instance of the device in the table to change, and it shall be entirely on you if you foul up your database. Perhaps a backup would be in order.

If you want that last solution but are faint of heart to go poking in your database, you can zip and upload your db here and wait for someone to edit it and re-post it for you.
Thanks for the help johnsonx42. The first procedure you suggested I try worked!
johndutcher Wrote:Thanks for the help johnsonx42. The first procedure you suggested I try worked!

Great.