NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Issue with skip function during playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I just installed NextPVR, and like it so far, but I'm having an issue with using the skip function during playback of TV recorded from my HD antenna. When I try to skip, the video & audio freeze for 15-20 seconds, the picture changes, then the audio starts up again and the video stutters and speeds up for another 10-15 seconds until it catches up with the audio. I downloaded & installed the SAF6 codec set, and am using the LAV Video Decoder for MPEG2; I've tried using the EVR and VMR9 video renders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - this looks like my best choice for a WMC replacement.

Windows 10
Hauppauge WinTV HVR 2250
NextPVR 3.6.6

Thanks,

Mike
Try a different video decoder. I'm pretty sure this is a problem most people see when trying the LAV Video Decoder.
dowbits Wrote:I downloaded & installed the SAF6 codec set, and am using the LAV Video Decoder for MPEG2

Send a forum private message to Hoborg and ask for the "unlocked" SAF ... the "unlocked" version has the "best" decoders.
I was able to get the ffdshow decoder, that seems to be working for me - thanks!