NextPVR Forums

Full Version: What skin file(es) is/are used to layout the Info OSD when played via X-NEWA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For a while, I've noticed a difference in the Info OSD displayed when playing a recording via X-NEWA and when playing the same recording via the native Kodi Videos or TV Shows listings.

Here's the X-NEWA one:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Here's the Kodi Videos/TV Shows listing one:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Notice how the X-NEWA one has a generic icon for the show image, the show name is the big, yellow name displayed, and neither the sub-title nor the series/episode numbers are displayed anywhere. I'm confused because it seems to me (from what Martin has said about X-NEWA just calling the regular Kodi player) that the OSD should be the same whichever way the player is called. But that doesn't seem to be happening for me. So are there different skin files defining the layout for the OSD? Or is there some other difference?

I definitely prefer the layout (and info) from the native Kodi playback with the show name smaller (the show is usually obvious) and the sub-title and episode numbers. (Ideally, I'd like to also be able to see the full episode description and the date it was recorded.)
BrettB,

For playback of recordings there is only the Kodi skin, the likely difference you are seeing is that the better one has already been scanned into Kodi so it has Kodi metadata One of the x-newa options is to scan a video library folder for changes before playback.

The filename does have to match the scan file name though, so you would want the video library name to match what x-newa uses. Logs would show any difference here.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:For playback of recordings there is only the Kodi skin, the likely difference you are seeing is that the better one has already been scanned into Kodi so it has Kodi metadata One of the x-newa options is to scan a video library folder for changes before playback.

I'm not sure where this option is. For the X-NEWA add-on, in the X-NEWA Client tab, I see options for "Update XBMC library after play", "Copy cover art", and "Permanent cache", and I've got all of those selected. I don't have the Web Client "Enable high quality screens (slower)" selected, but I don't think that would be it.

mvallevand Wrote:The filename does have to match the scan file name though, so you would want the video library name to match what x-newa uses. Logs would show any difference here.

kodi.log file (with debugging on) attached. I think that I see the difference in file names:
Code:
X-NEWA:
11:09:30 210.222046 T:1552503712   DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened smb://192.168.143.10/Recordings/Chicago Med/Chicago Med.S01E13.Us.ts, fd=10000

Native:
11:10:07 247.837250 T:1624871840   DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened smb://WALLY/NPVR Recordings/Chicago Med/Chicago Med.S01E13.Us.ts, fd=10000

I'll try changing my substitution in advancedsettings.xml.
I guess I never but it in the config GUI. Edit the user settings.xml and set syncXBMC to true

Martin
BrettB Wrote:I'll try changing my substitution in advancedsettings.xml.

New log file attached. The OSD is still the same. The open for the .ts file now matches.

Code:
11:34:22  90.626396 T:1555035040   DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened smb://WALLY/NPVR Recordings/Chicago Med/Chicago Med.S01E13.Us.ts, fd=10000

However, further down I found:
Code:
11:34:22  91.014709 T:1964032000   DEBUG: GetMovieId (D:/NPVR Recordings/Chicago Med/Chicago Med.S01E13.Us.ts), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=3329
11:34:22  91.015221 T:1964032000   DEBUG: GetEpisodeId (D:/NPVR Recordings/Chicago Med/Chicago Med.S01E13.Us.ts), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=3329
11:34:22  91.015694 T:1964032000   DEBUG: GetMusicVideoId (D:/NPVR Recordings/Chicago Med/Chicago Med.S01E13.Us.ts), query = select idMVideo from musicvideo where idFile=3329

So, it looks like the path substitution isn't being applied when it's querying for the Kodi database metadata????
No idea you'd have to look at what ID 3329 shows in the Kodi database

You might be able to manually add D:/NPVR Recordings/ as your Video Library source.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I guess I never but it in the config GUI. Edit the user settings.xml and set syncXBMC to true

I changed that setting in the settings.xml file to true. No change to the OSD. Here're the logs.
Just because it scans doesn't mean it scrapes when a Video Library isn't set up but I am not seeing the debug lines I'd expect for the forced scan. I thinks the line in details.py that shows as

if self.settings.XNEWA_EPISODE == 'Yes'

should be

if self.settings.XNEWA_EPISODE == true

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:if self.settings.XNEWA_EPISODE == 'Yes'

should be

if self.settings.XNEWA_EPISODE == true

I found 2 instances of "if self.settings.XNEWA_EPISODE == 'Yes' " in details.py and changed them to end " == True" instead. (Is it case sensitive for True vs true? I used "True" because I saw that elsewhere in details.py, but now rereading your message see "true".)

No change to OSD. Attached logs. I did try with 3 different episodes because I have already view 2 of them before. I'm pretty sure the last one had never been played in X-NEWA before.
mvallevand Wrote:No idea you'd have to look at what ID 3329 shows in the Kodi database

You might be able to manually add D:/NPVR Recordings/ as your Video Library source.

In my database, File ID 3329 has Path ID 879 which is "D:/NPVR Recordings/Chicago Med/" (and it's strContent and strScraper are Null).
Pages: 1 2 3