NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't start recording NextPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hy guys,

i'm trying to record Live TV on Kodi with NextPVR. When i start the recording i get the first error "an unexpected error occurred. Try again later or check the log for more information", then i click OK and i get the second message "Can't start recording..." (first image).
I'm using IPTV device (second image) without a TV tuner.

Please could you help me?
Thanks a lot!
NextPVR is not intended for use with internet based IPTV. The IPTV support in NextPVR is intended cable systems that use multicast style IPTV.

You'd need to use a different type PVR application for this type of channel.
Thank you!! Which kind of PVR should i use, do you mean one among these Argus TV, DVBLink, DVBViewer, MediaPortal, ServerWMC on Kodi? I have a doubt, but it's possible recording Live Tv from Kodi without a Tv tuner?
Thank you so much for your reply!
Sorry, I don't really have any recommendation for you. These types of internet streams are notoriously unreliable, and usually illegal, so most software stay away from them. If you get lucky and find soft they work in, chances are those streams will be gone the next day - this is the primary reason I don't support them in NextPVR...you just can't rely on them and they make your software look bad.
Thanks again, your explanation is really clear!!