NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Select different artwork in Recordings screens?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the 3.7.7 changelog:

>clicking poster artwork will do an artwork search, giving you the option to choose another match. This should help when the auto artwork got the wrong images.

Should this work from the recordings screen? I've clicked on the pictures there and in the web UI, but nothing happens. The wife likes to watch the TV show "Reign". The artwork that got automagically selected is titled "Reign of the Dinosaurs". Wink

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong...
HarryH3 Wrote:>clicking poster artwork will do an artwork search, giving you the option to choose another match. This should help when the auto artwork got the wrong images...

A quick guess ... is this a reference to clicking on the "hidden" menu at the top of the screen?
Graham Wrote:A quick guess ... is this a reference to clicking on the "hidden" menu at the top of the screen?

Aha! That did fix part of it. The background and series description are now of the correct show, but the "Movie Box" image is still showing as Reign Of The Dinosaurs. See the attached screenshot.
Quote:Should this work from the recordings screen? I've clicked on the pictures there and in the web UI, but nothing happens.
In that screenshot above, clicking on the 'Reign of the Dinosaurs' picture should cause it to do an artwork search - admittedly it's not a very visual action, but should show a list of matches it found. There is no function for doing this in the Web UI.

If this isn't allowing you to fix it, there is maybe two things you can check:
1) delete all the files from C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Thumbs. The app will recreate them.
2) check the 'Reign' files in the artwork files in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Shows. If they're wrong - maybe delete the whole set, and make sure you have Schedules Direct artwork enabled in Settings->Artwork, then try viewing the recording in the Recordings screen again.
sub Wrote:In that screenshot above, clicking on the 'Reign of the Dinosaurs' picture should cause it to do an artwork search - admittedly it's not a very visual action, but should show a list of matches it found. There is no function for doing this in the Web UI.

If this isn't allowing you to fix it, there is maybe two things you can check:
1) delete all the files from C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Thumbs. The app will recreate them.
2) check the 'Reign' files in the artwork files in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Shows. If they're wrong - maybe delete the whole set, and make sure you have Schedules Direct artwork enabled in Settings->Artwork, then try viewing the recording in the Recordings screen again.

I deleted all of the files in both directories but I still can't get anything to happen when I click directly on the picture, in any screen. I get a popup menu when I go to the top menu and click MetaData, but even selecting from there doesn't always get the correct pics. Even after deleting the files and letting NPVR find new matches, I still have the actors from the TV show Reign in the background art, but have Reign Of The Dinosaurs as the cover art pic.

Certainly not a deal killer. Wink
I assume you're using Schedules Direct epg? If so, maybe try going to the Settings->Artwork screen, disable everything but Schedules Direct, then delete those files and try again. You should get a correct match from Schedules Direct - they others are just a name search and can be wrong sometimes.
Yes, I do use Schedules Direct epg, but if I select only SD in the settings, then I get no artwork at all. I think I'm using SD with mc2xml, so that I don't have to go back and recreate all of the wifes season recordings. Right now they depend on the asterisk in the name to know when a new episode is airing. Anyway, would that affect SD's ability to send artwork?
The SD artwork grabber only works for users using NextPVR's built-in SD support. It wont work for people using XMLTV.

The asterisk will probably be effecting the name searches on the other artwork providers.
HarryH3 Wrote:I think I'm using SD with mc2xml, so that I don't have to go back and recreate all of the wifes season recordings.

I converted to the integrated SD EPG data source a while back. I used the recurring-backup.xml file and did a global replace of " *</EPGTitle>" with "</EPGTitle>". I must have deleted all of the existing recurring recordings from the DB (probably by manually editing the database with a SQLite tool). And then I imported the edited recurring-backup.xml file. It wasn't too much work, and the integrated SD is the way to go now.
Thanks Brett! I updated it last night (after making CERTAIN that I first backed up the npvr.db3 file!). I'm now XMLTV-free. Wink So far it looks like everything updated correctly and all 76 (!) recurring recordings are listed again. Smile

I've given up on using the MetaData screens in Recordings for now. The behavior is too different, plus I've noticed that sometimes it doesn't prompt for delete (though sometimes it does!). Click OK on the remote and BAM! you're instantly back at the recordings screen.