NextPVR Forums

Full Version: tuners go missing - can't get them back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had the tuners set up and working fine, but was having trouble trying to record TV. was trying different things with the NAS (network attached server) where recordings are supposed to save to the hard drive. then all tuners disappeared from NPVR Devices. This occurred on NPVR version 3.6.6. I upgraded to the latest (3.7.7 ??) and still no luck. I use HD Homerun tuners. I re-scanned. I checked firewall, and the three NPVR-related files are in incoming & outgoing firewall settings as enabled. I ran filtercheck.exe, and the HD Homerun devices are there, but not associated with "capture". I've attached filtercheck log, npvr logs and data files.

Assuming I get this fixed, any ideas why it says it is recording a show, but then no files are on the NAS, and no shows are available on Recordings?
When you try and do a recording, does the file get created? Does it get any data in that file? While it's trying to record, if you run up the HDHR Config utility, does it show the correct channel on your tuner, and does it say the signal is locked?
Neither HD Homerun tuner is visible in the NPVR Configuration/Devices screen. and the buttons are grayed out. However, I was able to watch live TV in Kodi. I tried to record a future show, and another attempt with a current show using instant record. Both times got an error: "unexpected error, see log" (not exact wording). Then the tuners "disappeared" again, and there is a slow - blinking "NextPVR Client Tuner no longer available" error in the lower right of the screen.
To answer your questions, I couldn't record because of above issues. In the past, no, there was no file created and no data. Since I could not record, running the HDHR config wasn't going to work. I opened both the HDHR Setup and HDHR Config GUI .exe files. Neither show a "locked", but I don't see where it would show it. The config GUI file shows the channels, some are identified by name (the bigger, major networks).
slhelper Wrote:Neither HD Homerun tuner is visible in the NPVR Configuration/Devices screen. and the buttons are grayed out.
Which buttons are you talking about?

Definitely worth focusing on getting it working in NextPVR before worrying about complicating things by adding the Kodi NextPVR addon into the mix.
sub Wrote:Which buttons are you talking about?

NextPVR Settings/Devices: Device setup button, Export Channels button, Import Channels button, Up button and Down button.

I think i'm going to completely uninstall then re-install the whole setup.
slhelper Wrote:NextPVR Settings/Devices: Device setup button, Export Channels button, Import Channels button
These buttons are disabled until you click on the device in the list.
No devices were showing. anyway, I did the full uninstall, then re-installed HDHR, NPVR & Kodi, and everything is working. thanks