NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unexpected error in FanArtTVHelper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have several shows which start and record for 1 minute, then end. 21.59 June 27th This old house is a good example. I use schedules direct and did not have an issue on the previous release. My settings for the artwork are attached.

Thanks Barry
I turned off all the fan art, but is still failing. This set of log files should be easier to follow: Both shows record for 1 minute and 9 seconds, in the NextPvr Recordings section, it shows recording and ends as scheduled. But the file is always 1 minute and 9 seconds in duration.

Also getting a Crash.mdmp file in the temp buffer directory.
Barry10 Wrote:I have several shows which start and record for 1 minute, then end. 21.59 June 27th This old house is a good example. I use schedules direct and did not have an issue on the previous release. My settings for the artwork are attached.
I can't see any error message in there. What message are you getting on the screen?
I get no message on the screen, just 1 minute and 9 seconds gets recorded. The recording section says it is recording, but only 1 minute and 9 seconds are there. Checked with VLC etc.. Not sure why the crash.mdmp file is created each time in the temp buffer file. It is also only occurring on channel 24.1 and 24.2 part of PBS. Also manual record with the remote records the show. I did get this error (see attached) last time I tried to play a file.
Barry10 Wrote:I get no message on the screen
Where did you see this "Unexpected error in FanArtTVHelper" message then?
Regarding the other issue....
Barry10 Wrote:The recording section says it is recording, but only 1 minute and 9 seconds are there. Checked with VLC etc.. Not sure why the crash.mdmp file is created each time in the temp buffer file. It is also only occurring on channel 24.1 and 24.2 part of PBS.
Is it reproducible on this channel?

The dump file looks like there is something in the stream that NextPVR doesn't like. If you can reproduce it, there is some registry settings we can add for you to capture the full stream, which I can then use here with a signal generator to see the problem.
Yes I can reproduce the error every time. I also tested it with the Hauppauge software win 8 software and did not get the recording error. Strange thing is it plays live with no issue and I can record live tv and play back, but not through the Record Once option on the scheduler. Let me know what I need to provide and will send you all the info in the morning.
Thanks for the help!
Barry
Whenever the recording starts for channel 24.1 & 24.2 I get the following error:
2016-06-29 07:29:04.287 [ERROR][121] Unexpected error looking up metadata: System.InvalidCastException
in the Nrecord.log. When this occurs about 1 minute into the recording the Recording gets cancelled. I attached the files along with the crash.mdmp, sounds like a bad pointer!
No issues on the previous version. Have also tried it with multiple mpeg2 decoders.
With a Client PC I can connect and schedule a recording and it works every time for both channels. Just fails on the server side. Only solution is to schedule recordings off the remote machine. Strange problem. Also my npvr.db3 file is at 2075K, maybe time to un-install and start over.