NextPVR Forums

Full Version: WinTV-HVR-2255 No ClearQAM channels detected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I am very new to NPVR (as in I have never used it before but it has everything I want as soon as I get it running correctly), so I apologize in advance for any dumb comments/questions.

I am using a WinTV-HVR-2255 to watch and record ClearQAM channels. I have installed the drivers and also the WinTV v8 program that came with the card. I am having no problems detecting channels with the WinTV program (50+ channels viewable and recordable).

However, when I try to scan for channels in NPVR, there are none detected. Am I doing something wrong? See attached log.

Thanks,
I think something broke in 3.7.7; I never thought to try a QAM scan (or any scan for that matter) during testing. I get no QAM channels here either; ATSC scans are fine.

sub, I get the same error as shown in his logs - for any channel where it gets some data to look at, it shows this error:
Code:
2016-07-02 21:39:25.874    [INFO][1]    Metadata:
</sdt>

2016-07-02 21:39:25.874    [ERROR][1]    Unexpected end tag. Line 1, position 3.:
</sdt>
Thank you for the response.

Is there possibly a work around for this?
I'm hoping to take a look a little later today.

If you don't hear back in the next day, bump the thread.
JakeC Wrote:Thank you for the response.

Is there possibly a work around for this?

I'm quite sure that sub will be able to come up with a fix quickly. But, as a temporary work around, you could install the previous version from http://www.nextpvr.com/NPVRSetup_3_6_6.exe, do the channel scan, and then upgrade to 3.7.7.
sub don't forget about this one
Oops - I had forgotten, but I'll take look now.
Can a QAM user check that this patch fixes it?
Yes, that seems to fix it.
actually, there may still be a problem. My QAM scan started throwing a different error for all channels above 110 (and ultimately discovers none of them), with weird characters in the metadata:
Code:
2016-07-08 07:57:35.166    [INFO][1]    Metadata:
<sdt>
  <tsid>6363</tsid>
  <onid>0</onid>
  <service>
    <service_id>0x8</service_id>
    <service_type>0x1</service_type>
    <running_status>1</running_status>
    <encrypted>1</encrypted>
  </service>
  <discovered key='?4??' name='MYSTRO'/>
  <discovered key='?5C Tuni' name='CDL_Sam'/>
  <discovered key='?6S Tuni' name='CDL_Mot'/>
</sdt>

2016-07-08 07:57:35.169    [ERROR][1]    '', hexadecimal value 0x03, is an invalid character. Line 11, position 28.:
<sdt>
  <tsid>6363</tsid>
  <onid>0</onid>
  <service>
    <service_id>0x8</service_id>
    <service_type>0x1</service_type>
    <running_status>1</running_status>
    <encrypted>1</encrypted>
  </service>
  <discovered key='?4??' name='MYSTRO'/>
  <discovered key='?5C Tuni' name='CDL_Sam'/>
  <discovered key='?6S Tuni' name='CDL_Mot'/>
</sdt>
Look at the 2nd and 3rd scans in the attached log. Those "discovered key" lines repeat with the same text for all remaining channels on the 2nd scan; on the 3rd scan slightly different text repeats for the same channels.
Pages: 1 2