NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Samsung DVD models supporting NextPVR Web Smart TV app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Anyone that can give some pointers of what Samsung 2014/2015 models that will support the NextPVR Web Smart TV app? Since Samsung no longer supports loading of apps through USB, the Tiezen TVs no longer can run Trummels solution. Hence I am thinking to replace my NMT with an older Samsung DVD/Blue-Ray.

Thanks,

\\Agerdin
Hi,
I have the BD-H6500 (2014 model), works great with the app
paul67 Wrote:Hi,
I have the BD-H6500 (2014 model), works great with the app

Thanks, am actually looking at these

Samsung BD-J5500
Samsung BD-J5900
Samsung BD-H5500
Samsung BD-H6500

but as the H (2014) version is harder to find I wonder if also the J (2015) models will work?

\\Anders
Hi,
Not fully up on how the app works on some models

But for example the J5500, this one does not have the full app store, so might need someone with more knowledge here whether you can sideload apps
When i was looking for mine i looked at the local store website for ones that have 'Advanced Smart' instead of the 'Basic Smart'

The 2 i found with this where the H6500 & J7500, both of these have the full advanced store

Hope thats some help
Hi Anders,

I can't vouch for the BD-players but I got an H-model TV that I use for testing the App (during development).
In my opinion the H-model seems to be one of the better choices. It plays and seek fine in most files without any extra measures. Whatever you do stay away from the F-series since seeking is terrible, at least on my BD-F6500.

At least some of the J-players are equipped with “Opera TV apps” and are not compatible with my app.

I actually tried to port it to Opera about a year ago but playback and seeking was not impressive along with some restrictions in Opera preventing the app from accessing the local network, such as a NextPVR server. I don't see Opera TV will ever be supported unless the local network access restriction is dropped.

/Fred