NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Clear QAM - Missing lower (local) channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello all. before posting this question I did a search on both the forums and general search engine but was unable to find any answers to my question.

Card in use - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250
NextPVR version 3.7.7

I followed directions and did a full scan of channels. NextPVR seems to catch all the channels starting at around channel 30-1. Local channels that are in lower channels (e.g. 4-1, 6-1 etc) are never found. These channels were always discovered when using WMC. The channels above 30-1 are fully discovered and functioning properly. Any advice on how to discover the local channels highly appreciated.

CC
Are you selecting the general ATSC option and not the older "US " choices before scanning?

Martin
The card is a dual tuner therefore under devices, there are 2 ATSC and 2 QAM devices visible. We have basic cable (that info may have helped if I included in the original post). ATSC scans have never found anything, even with WMC. I am scanning using the QAM device using the channel selector as "All Frequencies".
Sorry I was thinking ATSC with lower channels. QAM frequencies don't often match the channels. Did you install sub's recent patch for QAM scanning?

Martin
Do a scan, then zip and attach the logs and we'll take a look.
Including log files. Thank you for looking into this.
My guess is you're talking about analog cable channels, rather than digital cable.
No mv. I had not done that.
sub, they are digital channels. Acquired from basic cable.
You sure? Usually when we've had users report the same thing in the past, they've been receiving a mixture of basic cable channels via analog, and a splattering of other channels via ClearQAM. NextPVR wont show the analog device options unless you have the Hauppauge WinTV software installed.

If they really are digital channels, you'd need to some of the legwork to find what frequency those channels are on (like viewing the frequency info in your TV or some other software), then we'd know what frequency to focus on in the NextPVR logs.
Pages: 1 2 3