NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Audio on iPhone works through headphones but not iPhone speakers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title says it all. Otherwise, I'm loving the app. Glad I purchased it!

Jim
jmcnal1 Wrote:Title says it all. Otherwise, I'm loving the app. Glad I purchased it!
Odd. I don't even know how the app would do that if it wanted to.

Doesn't the iPhone have separate audio volumes for headphones vs speakers? ie, have you turned the volume up since unplugging it?
Yes, I have and nothing. I haven't tried a bluetooth headphone connection yet either but I will do so shortly. I should have also mentioned that my iPhone is on the iOS 10 beta right now, so maybe there is an impact there?
I seem to remember having to solve this on my ipad a couple of years ago - entirely unrelated to NextPVR, where I would get audio through the headphones, but not with speakers in this app. When I googled it, there was actually lots of pages talking about it. Basically my device was muted, but some apps (like Safari) were ignoring this and giving audio anyway, which made me think it wasn't muted. Simpliest case, you can check the mute switch on of the side of the device. Next, the slightly more complicated scenario, if you had the sound muted on the side switch, but then set the Setting change the side switch to rotation lock switch (so switch no longer works to unmute).

I'm sure this isn't a NextPVR app issue, or we would have heard from other users with the problem. I've got the iOS 10 beta on my phone, and have audio so it's not to do with that.
sub Wrote:I seem to remember having to solve this on my ipad a couple of years ago - entirely unrelated to NextPVR, where I would get audio through the headphones, but not with speakers in this app. When I googled it, there was actually lots of pages talking about it. Basically my device was muted, but some apps (like Safari) were ignoring this and giving audio anyway, which made me think it wasn't muted. Simpliest case, you can check the mute switch on of the side of the device. Next, the slightly more complicated scenario, if you had the sound muted on the side switch, but then set the Setting change the side switch to rotation lock switch (so switch no longer works to unmute).

I'm sure this isn't a NextPVR app issue, or we would have heard from other users with the problem. I've got the iOS 10 beta on my phone, and have audio so it's not to do with that.

You were right. Flipped the switch on the side of the iPhone and voila! Bluetooth and audio out via CarPlay work too!

Thanks,
Jim