NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unable to load webui data when remote unless I load it locally first
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This issue was introduced with the new release. I'll try my best to describe it. I have port forwarding set up so I can properly connect to the NPVR webUI from remote locations. When I am remote I am able to hit the web server and see the basic GUI, but none of the data seems to load. All the menus work, but the guide data, recordings, timers, etc never populate. Never populate that is until I load the WebUI on the local network. When I first hit the issue, I immediately used remote desktop to load up the server running NPVR. I went to the address for the webui and it immediately loaded; weird. I then went back to my mobile phone and everything loaded up correctly; very weird Smile. Here is a video that trys to show what I am seeing. In the video you will see:

from 0-10 seconds me trying to load the webui from a remote location
from 10-35 seconds I switch to "remote desktop" to my NPVR server and successfully load the data there
35-end I switch back to the remote location and now the data loads successfully.

http://screencast.com/t/rsz2osPpcV
I have seen a similar issue with remote access.

I was able to correctly display the modern web interface from inside my LAN using my Android phone. Then I went to the remote location (turned off wireless and used mobile LTE data) and it worked fine as well.

But when I tried it at a different location (away from my home wireless network) I could login but got just the header and no data displayed.
Have a read through this thread, I'm fairly sure an update was provided to fix this:

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...n-TV-Guide
Thanks for the link, I will be trying out the proposed fix for the next few days report back with hopefully good news. This link will take you to the post containing the proposed fix
I replaced the Web folder with the updated Web folder, restarted NPVR, and attempted to log in from a remote location with my Android phone. It did not work at first. Then I tried setting the PIN in the web interface and after a refresh it worked. TV guide and Recordings showed up.

I'm not sure if it was the update or setting the PIN that made it work.

I clicked on one of the TV channels and clicked on the Watch button and after a few seconds the stream started. The stream only lasted a few seconds before the picture froze. I noticed that the bit rate was at the highest setting so I throttled it down to 2Mb. Again the stream lasted only a minute or so then the picture froze and never recovered.

I started this thread about the Web GUI streaming problem inside my LAN earlier. http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...-TV-stream
I'm having similar issues. It works fine on LAN, but not so much externally. On my external browser, when checking the network log, it's having 404 errors for a number of different items, including the transcoded .ts chunk.