NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No audio on hd channels - decoder lav
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am running NextPVR on Windows 10, NextPVR 3.7.7
Card: Hauppauge: WinTV-HVR-1850
Video Decoder: Microsoft DTV
Audio Decoder(Mpeg 1): Microsoft DTV
Audio Decoder(Others): LAV

No audio on HD channels while audio is fine on standard channels. Recordings from HD channels play with audio on VLC.

I have attached the NPVR.log and a sample of the video which will not play with audio on NextPVR..

Can anybody help? Thanks.
I'm getting audio in NextPVR when I play that recording. It's AAC audio. Do you have the AAC audio decoder to set to LAV?
Yes, the recording plays with sound in NextPVR, however I get no sound for that same channel when watching live TV. The AAC decoder is LAV.
What sort of device are you using for these channels?

(I know what the problem will be)
I am not sure if I understand your question. If you are asking about the TV card, then it is the WinTV-HVR-1850. Signal type is clear QAM.
Yep, that is what I wanted to know. I can fix, but I'll need a sample full transport stream of this type - I don't have one like it in my library.

Could you please capture a 30 second or so full transport stream for one of these channels? Use tscapture from http://www.tscapture.com (which is utility written by me). It's evaluation version lets you capture 1 minute recordings.

With this I'll be able to correct an issue in the scanning process for this type of channel.
Actually - maybe as a first step, just do a scan, then zip and attach the npvr.log. I might be able to do it without the transport stream.
Clear QAM h264/AAC is going to mess up some televisions. @SupaJ out of curiosity who is your cable provider?

Martin
Hi sub. I captured a Full Transport Stream and uploaded here on Dropbox(wasn't sure where to upload):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbw1g57heb3tcl...re.ts?dl=0

I also forgot to mention one other thing. Version 3.7.7 NextPvr does not pick up my clear QAM channels when I scan. The channels appear in the scan log(npvr.log) but not in the list in the program. To get the channels I had to install an older version(3.4.8), do a scan and install 3.7.7 over it.

@mvallevand: I live in the Caribbean. My Cable Provider is FLOW(Parent Company is Liberty Global). You probably never heard of them(smile). You are correct about it messing up some televisions. Most of the TVs I know will pick up the clear QAM channels but with no audio. Fortunately, I bought a smart(Roku) TCL TV recently and it picks up everything with audio. Do you know why Clear QAM h264/AAC is a bad combination for most TVs?

Thanks guys.
Oops. Sorry Sub, I sent you the wrong full transport stream. These are not the HD channels. They show fine, both video and audio on NextPVR. Give me a second to upload the full transport stream for the HD channels with the audio issue in NextPVR.
Pages: 1 2 3