NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How can I stop repeat shows being recorded ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

The guide data in Australoia is no good to use any of the methods of recording it seems. For example, one show is on weekly at 8.30PM, then repeated on two other days in the middle of the night and lunchtime. I only want the one to record. New episodes never gets picked due to no good guide info.

One option that DVBLogic has is to pick 'around this time' when setting the recordings. That means only ones around that time get recorded - and the repeats then do not.

Thanks.
When you're creating your recurring recording, you can use the type "Record Season (Weekly Timeslot)". Do this for the 8:30PM recording, and the other airings will be outside the timeslot and wont be recorded.
Thanks. Our start times are all over the place here in Australia however - it could be 8:31, 8:32, 8:29 or whatever the TV stations decide. That is where the recording from the guide with 'around this time' works in DVBLink. Do you mean I have to set a start / end time (i.e like VCR days), rather than recording from the guide ?
Further to that - There are shows on only certain days also in the week....
No, it's still a guide based recording. No need to specify a manual recording.

You can specify a type when scheduling from the guide. A timeslot recording is an "around this time" type recording. It'll prefer finding a show with that name at that exact start time, but if not it'll look for it starting within the window of +/-90 minutes. A weekly timeslot recording should do what you need.