NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problem changing DVB-S LNB Frequency Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if the LNB settings need to be changed somewhere other than the device setup menu.

It's been a long time and several versions since I last had to do a channel scan, but with the arrival of the Olympics I realised that I had never updated the Prime NZ channel to the new frequency.

I removed the old Prime channel and tried a standard Optus D1 160.0 scan, but it didn't pick up the new channel. I then tried a clean install of both 3.7.7 and 3.6.6 and found that a scan wouldn't actually bring up any channel, let alone the changed ones (despite the fact that the previously scanned channels could be viewed before the clean re-install, so the actual tuner and satellite dish setup wasn't at fault).

I saw in this post the suggestion that the LOF1, Switch and LOF2 settings all be changed to 10750 (mine come up as 9750, 11700 and 10600 respectively), but if I change these values manually to 10750 either just before initiating a scan or just changing them and OK-ing out, when I reopen the device settings, they have reverted to the 9750, 11700 and 10600 values.

So - is there somewhere else I could edit these settings to make them "stick", if that's the issue? I have attached some logs of a non-channel finding scan just in case they're of use.

Thanks, tieke.
This patch will fix the bug that was causing the LNB values to return to the default settings when going back into the screen.

That said, with the build you've already got, if you'd entered the LNB settings and hit 'scan', it would have used the settings you'd entered.

The LNB settings you need to use depends on the type of LNB you're using. The most common ones are 9750/11700/10600, 10750/10750/10750, and 11300/11300/11300.
Thanks. I was on the right track but trying the wrong settings - 11300/11300/11300 did the trick.