NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EPG strip colon and after
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some EPG programmes have the format "program name:episode name" eg Stargate:100th episode.
Obviously this can mess up recurring recordings unless use "match start of name" is used.
I prefer to use "match exact name" so could a " Strip colon and after" feature be added?
In general the Sub Title is part of the description not the title. NextPVR detects the ":" in the description and puts the words before it into the "Subtitle" in the database and displays it in blue. So the subtitle should not be part of the recurring match! However sometimes I have seen it as part of the title and several days ago found the cause of a missing recording was that the recurring recording title included the sub title!

Examples of recent recordings with a sub title include "Inside the Factory: Baked Beans", "Inside the Factory: Cereal" & "Inside the factory: Crisps"

Examples of recent recordings with ":" in the title of every episode include "Superfoods: The True Story" and "The Two Ronnies: Classic Episodes"

Examples of two ":" displayed, one in the title and one to indicate the subtitle "Music Moguls: Masters of Pop: 1/3. Money Makers", "Music Moguls: Masters of Pop: 2/3. Melody Makers", "Music Moguls: Masters of Pop: 3/3. Myth Makers"

In all cases using "Match start of name" correctly identified the full title of the series for the recurring recording so it correctly recorded the full series.

Chris
I prefer exact match as I said which does not work with the colon/episode in title which seems to be quite common in Schedules Direct - mainly Channel 4 here in UK.
Match Start produces false matches which of course is better than missing a recording but I am suggesting an improvement to the Exact Match function.