NextPVR Forums

Full Version: how to set longer logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i set differing log levels?
i know where it is in config.xml...but what are the possible values?
we used to have a drop down selection box with the different levels, but now i can't find it..

because something deleted 2 terabytes of my recordings on a drive, and i have no idea how, because the logs don't even make to the beginning of today!?
[files disappeared yesterday]
i'd like to have much more logging duration, and less irrelevant caca stuffing them up..[every client byte chunk]

seems something deleted all of my recordings on one of my setup destinations, and neatly deleted over 150 recordings...leaving root dirs, but cleaning out my recording dir...
i have autoremove set to false, don't see how any accidental keypresses could delete that many dirs without deleting root dir, and not touching any other dirs on drive..
could some of my files having ".." in them have something to do with it? [it replaces the " *" with ".." because of the space]

i replaced the modern dir in web with fixed one by UJB, and all that works fine now..and haven't even used it but twice...and never deleted anything from it..

any ideas?

all my other recording dirs are fine...this was last rec. dir in list..
mostly i want to know what the different log levels are, and if they will reduce the amount of unneeded chatter so they may last longer...as they seem to be capped by physical size, not time...
basically i want them to last for more than one day's activities..

backing them up will lead to overlaps, as i won't know when they roll over...
[and 2 megs does seem a little low for size..with that much chatter in them]
You can reduce the amount of logging level, but then I'm guessing it wont contain the particular messages you'd like to see. ie, in the config.xml, you can set <LogLevel>INFO</LogLevel> in the <General> section. You probably want to make sure you don't have <ExtendedLogging>true</ExtendedLogging> set, because this can cause some extra verbose logging.