NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't connect to Web UI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Things have been working fine but now I can't connect to the Web UI. I get an error:
[h=2]The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.[/h]The only thing that I've updated was Windows Update in the last 3 days but this was working after the Anniversary update.
Of course, I have no idea what this means because I'm ignorant.
I didn't encounter that issue installing the Anniversary update here. You might need to view the properties for that directory, and make sure the SYSTEM user account has write permission added.
Thanks, I'll check when I get home from work........can't seem to connect via Team Viewer at the moment.
I know I've not made any changes to to permissions but it's worth a shot.
OK, permissions are fine but I tried this on another box and got this:

Quote: Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Both these systems were working fine last week which was the last time I tried this and after the Anniversary update (just realized this). It's not a big deal but I'm not sure what any of this means.
What if your remove 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Tem porary ASP.NET Files' and restart the recording service?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:What if your remove 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Tem porary ASP.NET Files' and restart the recording service?

Martin

Thanks Martin but I don't see Temporary ASP.NET Files. I do have a folder in the 4.0.30319 folder that is ASP.NETWebAdminFiles though.
pcostanza Wrote:Thanks Martin but I don't see Temporary ASP.NET Files. I do have a folder in the 4.0.30319 folder that is ASP.NETWebAdminFiles though.

That is likely the problem, just create it or maybe rerun the installer.

Martin
Thanks again Martin. I'll try this tonite.
Still no luck. I'm sure it'll work sooner or later. I have voodoo working against me sometimes and things just seem to stop and then work again later.
Pages: 1 2