NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problem switching channels in Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New to the forum and NextPVR. I'm having a strange issue with switching channels that I can't seem to solve, and I can't find any info about it on the NPVR or Kodi forums. Detailed description below, and NPVR log attached.

Issue:
When already watching live TV and switching to another channel by directly entering a channel number, it fails with message "Next PVR PVR Client 'Tuner No Longer Available'"
Message can only be cleared by restarting MrMC/Kodi

Backend Setup:
Windows 10
NextPVR 3.7.7
Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD DVBT Tuner (x2 - 4 tuners total)
Wired ethernet connection

Frontend Setup:
Amazon Fire TV v2
MrMC 2.5.0 (have also tried Kodi 16.1 and Kodi 17.0a3)
Wired ethernet connection

Steps to Reproduce:
  • Start MrMC or Kodi
  • Start viewing a channel by selecting it in the channel list or EPG
  • Switch to another channel by directly entering a channel number (eg, 1-0-1-Enter)
    [INDENT]
  • Channel appears to switch and start buffering, but channel never starts playing
  • On NPVR backend, can see the tuner switching channel and creating new live TV buffer file
  • MrMC/Kodi displays 'Tuner No Longer Available' message
  • Press Stop in MrMC/Kodi and it returns to previous screen (either channel list or EPG), but tuner message remains
  • On NPVR backend, tuner is still locked to the selected channel and filling the buffer file (appears to not receive the Stop command from MrMC/Kodi)
  • Need to restart the recording service to release the tuner
  • Need to manually delete the buffer files[/INDENT]

Additional Info:
Issue occurs using either MrMC or Kodi on the Fire TV
Switching channel by pressing Channel Up or Channel Down -- works as expected
Switching channel by going back to the EPG or channel list and selecting new channel -- works as expected

Issue does NOT occur using Kodi on Mac or Windows

I've tested a couple other PVR backends (MediaPortal, DVBViewer) and the issue does not occur. I'm really at a loss on how to solve this issue, and NPVR is otherwise my preferred backend. Any help is appreciated!