NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Intel Skull Canyon (NUC6i7KYK)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.
Just curious, is there any Skull Canyon user?
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
I am not but when the Kaby Lake processors come out this is the form factor I am looking for.

Martin
I replaced my older PC by this small box and i love it Smile
I've got a Skylake Intel CPU in my latest htpc with HD 530 graphics I think and it just doesn't work. Wouldn't do anything at 23.976hz for ages but the most recent drivers are better. Except they lose all audio after a sleep/resume. <cries/>

I've been running a dedicated GPU since day 1. Maybe things are better with these boxes?

Iain
Hello.
Honestly speaking - no audio issues on my side.
There was an update to windows 10 for the audio loss after resume.
donschjr Wrote:There was an update to windows 10 for the audio loss after resume.

When? It was still broken within the last couple of weeks, as it's not long since I last tested.

Iain
imilne Wrote:When? It was still broken within the last couple of weeks, as it's not long since I last tested.

Iain

Do you have latest drivers installed (Version: 15.40.28.4501)?
I'm sorry that was an update for my video (AMD) which fixed the HDMI audio loss after suspend. I thought it was a windows 10 update.
I know there's no market for it, but I really wish someone would bring out a GPU designed solely for HTPC use - I mean how hard can it be to write simple drivers that just output video and audio correctly at all times (I still blame HDMI and all its bloody DRM), do a bit of deinterlacing, H264 decoding, etc and use bugger all power compared to the beasts people want to install for gaming.

Iain
Pages: 1 2