NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NZ (Freeview Terrestrial) - no show details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, a month or two ago I realised my channels were a bit out of sync and I did not have Duke and a couple of the more recent channels.
I did a re-tune and got all the current freeview channels, but it seemed to create a bit of mayhem... after a few days most of my EPG showed 'no show details'. It seemed to be much more going wrong than just the few channels that have changed.

I am using 'EPGCollector', have upgraded it to the latest and it appears to be pulling down the 8(?) days worth of data each time it runs, and for all the current channels. But in Next PVR I can sometimes scroll forward only 24 hours and the remainder of the EPG says 'no show details' (for ALL channels). Other times there is several days of EPG content.
Sometimes I get home from work and the entire EPG says 'no show details'. The next day it'll be ok again, with a full EPG. (EPGCollector is set to run nightly, but that never seems to have created a crippled XML file when I observe 'no show details' in Next PVR; the XML file is always the 8 days worth.)
The recording service is still recording ok for all redefined recordings, even when the EPG says 'no show details', and the red band appears at the top of the EPG spanning a time frame when something is recording, so that is good.
Latest version of Next PVR is installed.

Any ideas about what might be going on?
Start NextPVR, hit 'update EPG', confirm you're still seeing a problem in the guide, then post the npvr.log and I'll check for any errors.
Thanks, will try tonight...
Not sure what you have updated
but make sure y ou have installed EPG Collector v4.3 Fixpak 5

my post from August when mine crapped out
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post506114
Hi Sub,
Sorry, false alarm, my EPG is not complete. I didn't look closely enough at it. NPVR is fine!!
Thanks stustunz, this is probably what I'm after. Strange that it started happening out of the blue when I hadn't touched EPG Collector for a couple of years... right, off to look at that thread