NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Does NEXTPVR work on a NEXBOX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just discovered a new Android based device called a NEXBOX. What I'm thinking of, is purchasing 3 of these NEXBOX machines for $53 each. They go as low as probably $25 for the lowest end model. These are to be used in place of a PC, and I believe they come pre-loaded with Kodi.

Secondly, I just read that NextPVR, more recently supports Ceton tuners. I have an InfiniTV 6 ETH that I haven't used in almost a year, as I got TiVo, but my TiVo box is having problems and I'd have to get a new one, pay for service (I'm still under a free year right now), and of course, I want to go the cheaper route, and switch back to my old InfiniTV 6 ETH setup, which at the time, I only had running on my PC, which I didn't like because I had no way of connecting another TV to it, I didn't own another computer for that purpose, as I didn't want to invest in it. Plus, I never liked the WMC Interface.

That said, would I be able to install NextPVR onto a NEXBOX, plug in a USB External HDD and be able to record onto the External HDD?

This is the specific model I'm looking at: https://www.amazon.com/NEXBOX-Android-Am...rds=nexbox

If this really is possible, how would the performance be vs any other DVR? The response time on my TiVo Bolt was great...when it worked, comparable to my DVR from Verizon FiOS.

I'm one of those customers that was switched from Verizon FiOS to Frontier FiOS (unfortunately).
You should be able to use the box as a NextPVR client but you will still need a Windows machine to run the NextPVR server backend.

Chris