NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Trouble Getting Started with Guide Plus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Downloaded Guide Plus. Used 7-zip to extract files. Opened the application. Screen blinked, but that was it. No evidence that anything actually happened. Where do I go from here?
GWCowling323 Wrote:Where do I go from here?

From the wiki, it appears that GuidePlus is a command line utility. So you would start a command prompt and type a command in the format

guidePlus.exe <xmlin=""> <xmlout=""> [showfile=""] [history=""] [rename=On|Off] [repeat=""] [movieDir=""] [seriesDir=""] [wol=""]

Giving filename and other parameters as specified under the heading Usage in the Wiki.

Plus, you have posted in the sub-forum that is dedicated to the TV Listings plugin developed by Hoborg. This sub-forum is not intended for posts about other plugins and utilities.

Plus, the GuidePlus utility may be out of date and may be no longer compatible with the latest versions of NextPVR and its components ... but it's worth trying if it does something that you want.
Graham Wrote:Plus, you have posted in the sub-forum that is dedicated to the TV Listings plugin developed by Hoborg. This sub-forum is not intended for posts about other plugins and utilities.
both Alibert and Hoborg will be equally surprised at this (if Alibert ever logs on again).
johnsonx42 Wrote:both Alibert and Hoborg will be equally surprised at this (if Alibert ever logs on again).

Ooops! Apologies to everyone ... especially carpevideo who is the actual author of Guideplus ... I looked it up before my original post and have no excuse.