NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Works great at home, but I connot get it to work remotely.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have installed the app on my iPhone 6 running iOS 10.0.2. I can use the app just fine when im at home, it works great. But when I try to use the app remotely, Channels is blank, recordings is blank, Guide immediately crashes the app, Search does nothing, Settings seems to work it shows server version 07000000, and if I click "see current tuner activity" it is also blank.

I am using the same DDNS name that use use for everything else I access remotely, which is quite a bit, and I have also forwarded port 8866 and made sure to add the port number when adding the server in the app. These same setting are what I use at home, and it works just fine.
Is 'allow remote access' ticked on the Settings->Clients screen?

Can you view the web app remotely? This will tell you if the port is forwarded correctly.

If you're confident the port is being correctly forwarded, and you're up for it, I'm happy to remotely check your server. In this case just PM me the IP address and pin. I'll be able to check the data the app is receiving.
I can login to the web app remotely, and there is nothing there either. All the tabs are there, but there is nothing on them. I'll PM you shortly, NextPVR runs on its own server with nothing critical on it anyway.
Yeah, I see the same connecting to the web app on your machine.

Can you zip and attach the logs?
here you go.
Sorry, but can you restart the recording service (to reset the logs), try accessing it remotely, then zip and attach those logs again?
Here you are. Restarted the recording service, connectd remotely using the app, opened each tab, and finally opend the guide tab which (as expected) caused the app to crash. Immediately after I zipped the logs.
In that log, it looks like you've got the pin number set incorrectly. That shouldn't cause it to crash, but that is what the error looks like. I can't check it until I'm back home in a couple of days.
That's odd, I haven't changed the PIN number from whatever it is by default. Is there anything I can try in the meantime?
Did you check if 'allow remote access' is ticked?
Pages: 1 2 3