NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Freesat / sky epg (UK)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I am currently getting my EPG through the freesat DVB EPG plus a few non freesat (sky free to air) channels through ATSC EPG . All works fine except I dont get Channel 4 plus a few others epg at all (Freesat), these are all on the same transponder - 10714 H 22000. I am getting round the problem by using EPG Collector to pull these off and create an XMLTV file, but it would be much better to get it all directly. Any thoughts on how it can be done?

attached log file for trying to get them all directly
Did you consider updating to 3.8.3?

Martin
Do you mean you can pick up Channel 4 but not its EPG data? The Freesat Home transponder which broadcasts the EPG in none standard format is nominally on 11428Mhz H but is actually on 11425Mhz H after a move to new satellite. This broadcasts the Freesat EPG for all the channels. There is also the standard DVB Now & Next EPG data.

I use EPG Collector to create a Freesat xml file as well as a Freeview xml file as it decodes the “Unique Programme ID” used by PVRs which enables me to Avoid Duplicate Recordings.

Chris
Yes I get channel 4 but no epg data, but I do for all the other freesat channels EXCEPT those on the 10714 H 22000 transponder. I am using the built in free sat epg option. Epg collector works fine to fill in the gap but I would like not to have to use it. BTW have updated to 3.8.3 but it made no difference
The log file you included is no help as it just lists the search for channel icons. Do an EPG update then post the logs but if in doubt include the entire Logs directory.

Chris