NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Another Clear Qam scanning problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys.

I have been trying to resolve this issue since yesterday. I am again trying NextPVR after not having used it for quite a while. I have two devices on my network, an HDHomerun Prime and an HDHomerun Extend. The Prime channel scan does fine and pulls in all my channels without issue. However, the Extend device which is connected directly to the cable to pull in the Qam channels is not cooperating as I thought it should.

There are only two channels that it is not displaying in the channel list after the scan, NBC and FOX. ABC, CBS, The CW all come in just fine. When I looked into the logs I see a listing in there for NBC and FOX but they are not in the channel list itself after the scan for some reason. These two channels come in fine on my Devices channel lineup and also when I use the Emby Server to pull in channels from that same device.

I downloaded the version with the patch 3_8_3_160929 and even separately had downloaded the patch by itself before I realized it was now part of the current download. I didn't have any existing version of NextPVR on my computer prior to downloading the latest one in the forum. I just started playing with this yesterday.

I have scanned the device at least 6 times with no luck. I have reinstalled NextPVR 3 times and rescanned with no luck. I am not sure what else I could do. I searched the forums for a similar issue (that is how I found the patch that is now apparently part of the main download).

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

Here is my log:
If you can tell me what frequency these channels are supposed to be on, so I know where to look in the logs, I'll check it out for you.
I apologize in advance if I am not giving you what you are asking about. I don't fully understand the numbers I am looking at and what are the frequencies are so I am giving you what I think you're talking about. 2608 is what I see for NBC and 2613 is what I see for FOX.

Let me know if this isn't the right numbers and give me an example and I can find it that way.

Thanks!

Edit: I also found a Qam channel list page for my cable provider and it lists FOX on 13.1 and NBC on 8.1 in case that is what you're looking for.
Try viewing the channel in Emby, then run the HDHR Config utility, it should show you the frequency or other information that identifies the channel. Maybe a screenshot of that screen would be useful.
Here are the screenshots:
Focusing on that WFLA NB first, can you watch one of the following channels in NextPVR (which are also on physical channel 81), then post a screenshot of the HDHR Config utility again? I'm trying to confirm it's tuned to the same physical frequency and locked. After that, we can move on to collecting some more detailed information about the streams it's seeing on that frequency to work out why WFLA NB isn't showing up.

Code:
<service>
    <service_id>0xa2b</service_id>
    <service_name>WEDU PB</service_name>
    <service_type>0x19</service_type>
    <running_status>1</running_status>
  </service>
  <service>
    <service_id>0xa2d</service_id>
    <service_name>WEDU+</service_name>
  </service>
  <service>
    <service_id>0xa2e</service_id>
    <service_name>WEDU V-</service_name>
  </service>
Also make sure your HDHR does not use the NextPVR option. Use Default or MediaPortal. I don't know if it is the same problem in QAM but in ATSC it is an issue.

Martin
Usually cable networks don't broadcast channel names in the stream. Yours is and I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the missing channels. ie, if it has a "CVCT", which is the bit of the stream that carries the channel names, then the application will use that info for the list of channels. I'm wondering if you have a CVCT, but it doesn't include *all* of the channels on that frequency, then you're only getting the ones with names.

I'm wondering if those channel names are coming really in the stream, or they're something the HDHR is injecting, because I remember it has an option to injecting this type of extra info into the stream. So...if it is coming from the HDHR, you may be able to turn that off, and it'll give you all the channels (albeit without channel names, which makes it a little more awkward setting up the channels first time).
Here is the new screenshot after playing WEDU+:
mvallevand Wrote:Also make sure your HDHR does not use the NextPVR option. Use Default or MediaPortal. I don't know if it is the same problem in QAM but in ATSC it is an issue.

Martin

No, I have it set on Easy HDTV DVR as I have been testing out the HDHomerun DVR as well.
Pages: 1 2