NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Configure PAL or NTSC as with the Hauppauge server software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to set the type of output for the MVP box from GB-PVR just as we can in the original Hauppauge server software?
No, not at this stage. Maybe in a later release.
sub Wrote:No, not at this stage. Maybe in a later release.

Ok, thanks for your answer. Would it be extremely difficult or timeconsuming for you to implement a hidden feature that turns of the GB-PVR MVP server and starts the Hauppauge server and let it run for lika 30 seconds and the get it killed and then start the GB-PVR mvp server.

By closing and starting the GB-PVR part I mainly referr to "stop listenin on network port".

I guess this could be done from a third party software/Plugin. Anyone drifted around?
Quote:Would it be extremely difficult or timeconsuming for you to implement a hidden feature that turns of the GB-PVR MVP server and starts the Hauppauge server and let it run for lika 30 seconds and the get it killed and then start the GB-PVR mvp server.
Yuck. I'm not doing this.

If you really need to you could probably roll this functionality yourself using a batch file, and the existing custom task functionality. The batch file would probably only have about half a dozen lines.
Yeah I see know with some distance to the problem that even if it's a doable thing it's not the most brilliant solution I've come up with.

I have been struggeling with the MVPMC binary that connects to a MythTV server instead. It has the 'settings' option in the menu, very convenient for all non-US folks that like to follow the TV shows from US because we must send in NTSC to the telly to get the time and picture synched.

Unfortunately the whole research got no result when I figured out that it absolutely not was the MythTV menu system that showed up on the screen. The GB.PVR makes a much better use for the MVP device.

So basically, I'm back on square 1. Using gb-pvr with a limited usefulness.

I don't want to push you in any direction, but is it likely that the "settings" feature will be implemented in Q2?
Q2 - yes.

This has not been hugely important. Its been this way for over a year, and you're probably only the second person to ask for the feature.
sub Wrote:Q2 - yes.

This has not been hugely important. Its been this way for over a year, and you're probably only the second person to ask for the feature.

Great, that's all I need. You see, this is one of the reasons why I'm running GB-PVR and not using my bought license of Meedio. They can never say or estimate when something happens.

It's a bit odd that so few persons have asked for it, these are the criterias needed:

1. Having a PAL mvp
2. Having a tv set capable of both ntsc and pal
3. Being in possession of a film file coded in NTSC. (Almost all TV shows floating around on the net are originated encoded as NTSC.

If I don't switch my MVP from PAL to NTSC when playing such a file then there will be seconds of timediff between video and audio.

PS. Probably you wont remember, but I had some real performance problems running GB-PVR on my HTPC, so I've been using Meedio as frontend and only GB-PVR for recording services. Now when I bought two MVPs I can have a trur GB-PVR powered system, which is a relief.

PSS. If I where you I would solve the fun parts first, that's your privilegium for releasing the software as free. DSS
sub Wrote:Q2 - yes.

Just a 'Me too': I also would appriciate the addition of this feature.
I'd find this useful too! I guess it wouldn't have had much demand until you could playback AVIs.
Me three...

even a hack solution would be useful - I'm now happily transcoding video, but it won't play if the box is in the wrong mode (NTSC only will play @ 24/30fps, PAL only will play 25fps).