NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Modern guide not working since upgrading to 3.8.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since updating to 3.8.3 the web based modern guide no longer has any data in it. It lists all the channels but no shows. I've tried IE 11, Firefox and chrome. resizing the windows has no effect. The guide in the GUI and the older version of the web guide works fine. I am accessing it from the same machine running NextPVR using localhost. My guide data is provided via an xmltv.xml file produced with zap2xml which runs from task scheduler.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
One of the advanced rules you created has a bad syntax

2016-10-10 00:09:02.062 [ERROR][34] Unexpected error in LoadListingByAdvancedRules:

I am guessing your season/episode values from your scrapper are wacky

Also you configured your system to get SD art without a valid user id. That's not good.

Martin
Artwork 1st... On the Artwork page in NPVR settings I don't see any place for a user id. Am I missing something?

I'm not sure what the Advanced Rules are. The only type of configs I've been messing with lately is for SearchLite.xml which has the below. I'm trying to get the sub directory the show get's put into to have the year tag. I use Plex to stream my shows via Roku's all over my house and plex thinks it's the old series instead of the new one because of the shows directory name. Plex does not use the .nfo files. I found a missing closing ">" which I fixed and restarted NPVR but it did not help.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<settings>
  <PluginSettings>
    <SearchLite>
      <UseUniqueID>true</UseUniqueID>
      <Offline>false</Offline>      
      <CustomNames>
        <Name uid="311902">MacGyver (2016)</Name>
      </CustomNames[B][color=#FF0000]>[/color][/B]
    </SearchLite>
  </PluginSettings>
</settings>
Drake718 Wrote:Artwork 1st... On the Artwork page in NPVR settings I don't see any place for a user id. Am I missing something?
It'll use your Schedules Direct username/password you configured when you setup the EPG for your channels. If you're not using Schedules Direct for your EPG, then just untick the Schedules Direct artwork option on the Settings->Artwork screen.

Quote:2016-10-10 00:09:02.062 [ERROR][34] Unexpected error in LoadListingByAdvancedRules: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.VerifyType(Int32 i, DbType typ)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.GetString(Int32 i)
at NUtility.EPGEvent.FromDbReaderRow(DbDataReader reader)
at NShared.Extend.ChannelRequestHandler.GetListings(Dictionary`2 parameters)
If you supply your npvr.db3, I'll check what is wrong with the data in your database.
sub Wrote:It'll use your Schedules Direct username/password you configured when you setup the EPG for your channels. If you're not using Schedules Direct for your EPG, then just untick the Schedules Direct artwork option on the Settings->Artwork screen.

If you supply your npvr.db3, I'll check what is wrong with the data in your database.

Schedules Direct unticked. I use zap2xml to generate an xmltv.xml file from zap2it.

npvr.db3 zipped and attached.

Thanks
This patch will fix it.
sub Wrote:This patch will fix it.

That worked. Many thanks.
Just updated to latest NPVR 3.9.2 and the guide lost all data. I added this patch and it started working again. Does this need to be done with every update or will the patch be included in future releases? I notice the NUtility.dll included with 3.9.2 had a September date whereas the patch has an October date.
Heuer Wrote:Just updated to latest NPVR 3.9.2 and the guide lost all data. I added this patch and it started working again. Does this need to be done with every update or will the patch be included in future releases? I notice the NUtility.dll included with 3.9.2 had a September date whereas the patch has an October date.

You should not use that patch with 3.9.2. Try the upgrade again and if it fails upload your logs in a relevant thread

Martin
The NUtility.dll included with NextPVR 3.9.2 is dated November 18, 2016, 9:45am (as are all the other npvr .dlls). You didn't get a september NUtility from the 3.9.2 installer.