NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No prompt to enter username/password in EPG setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all I'm new here thought I'd give Nextpvr a whirl.

I believe I have things set properly using a Hdhomerun Connect and Schedules Direct. When I try and select Schedules Direct as my guide source I'm not prompted to enter my credentials for Schedules Direct like it mentions in the online guide I was following.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Phil
Did you follow the steps shown in this video:

[video=youtube;nqJ7QiYS3Rk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqJ7QiYS3Rk[/video]
Yes but I don't get the Schedules Direct Lineups popup where you enter your credentials. If i pull down the line ups it says manage lineups if I select it i get a messages stating "unable to communicate with Schedules Direct. Please try later"
splicer Wrote:If i pull down the line ups it says manage lineups if I select it i get a messages stating "unable to communicate with Schedules Direct. Please try later"
At a guessing, I'd either you've got firewall software getting in the way of NextPVR trying to talk to the Internet, or Schedules Direct was down at the time you time you tried.

Your logs might narrow it down.
sub Wrote:At a guessing, I'd either you've got firewall software getting in the way of NextPVR trying to talk to the Internet, or Schedules Direct was down at the time you time you tried.

Your logs might narrow it down.

I shut down the firewall and defender but still can't get through to Schedules Direct. Going to give up for the night and try again tomorrow.

How does one turn on the logs and where are they accumulated??

Thanks for the pointers!

Phil
You get the logs by visiting Settings->About screen, and clicking the 'zip my log files and show me where the zip file is' button
Here are the logs:
splicer Wrote:Here are the logs:

The npvr.log.1 has ...
Quote:2016-10-18 07:08:25.834 [ERROR][1] Unexpected error doing Schedules Direct login: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted

The first umpteen Google results mention Remote Desktop ... so I have to ask ... are you using Remote Desktop ?
Yes I am using Team Viewer, however even when I access the machine directly I still can't get to the username/password part with Schedules Direct.
It's looks like something is broken on your machine, with "https://" requests not working (at least from .NET applications). I have no idea what would cause that, but it's something external to NextPVR. Maybe double check if any firewall / antivirus software is causing it as a first step.
Pages: 1 2