NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channel export/import with capture device change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm "upgrading" from a DCR-2650 to an InfinitiTV 4 USB (yeah, I know it's a crappy device). Is it possible to import the channels from the DCR-2650 to the Infiniti device? As I'm in the middle of a cable h264 conversion from MPEG2, all the channels are identified as such.
Sorry, it's not possible to export/import channels from across types of device - each type of tuner requires different tuning paramaters, so an export from one type of device will not have the required tuning information for another type of device.

While you might loosely think "these are both cablecard devices", they're entirely separate families of devices in NextPVR and things are done differently. "HDHR" vs "DRI".

Honestly, I suspect you'll regret going to the Ceton device...
Thank you for the feedback. I have had zero problems with the DCR-2650, aside from the desire for more tuners.

The InfinitiTV is going back on eBay... .
If you've already got it, you might as well give it a go, but everything I've read makes me thing these device are less reliable. (I don't have one - so could have judged it incorrectly)
Will do, and report back!
Seems to work fine. Only problem I see is that there is no capability to choose stream type, and as most of my channels have converted to h264 there is only audio with live TV.
ga_mueller Wrote:Seems to work fine. Only problem I see is that there is no capability to choose stream type, and as most of my channels have converted to h264 there is only audio with live TV.
Ah, right you are. I've added this for the Ceton for the next build.
sub Wrote:Ah, right you are. I've added this for the Ceton for the next build.

Thanks! I'll hang on to it then.
Could you also add autodetect stream? Smile
ga_mueller Wrote:Could you also add autodetect stream? Smile
No unfortunately I can't with a Ceton. If I'd had one of these here, so it was straight forward for me to develop and test Ceton stuff, I would have added this...but unfortunately I don't.